Saban needs to show | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban needs to show

I think it would be Edwards regardless. Didn't Saban just say a RB at #2 isn't worth the money? That tells me no QB and no RB. So, what's left?

i wasnt questioning who was gonna be qb thats stating the obvious i was asking if we draft braylon e. who is gonna get him the ball . whats the point of drafting braylon e. when you got feely taking the snaps

Feeley or ferrote will be our qb next year regardless. WR is a need like it or not. Getting edwards solves that problem. Drafting edwards is not a bad idea, especially if we can get a qb later. I think RB is a more glaring need than qb.

TIDEPHISH said:
i wasnt questioning who was gonna be qb thats stating the obvious i was asking if we draft braylon e. who is gonna get him the ball . whats the point of drafting braylon e. when you got feely taking the snaps

Dont turn this into another Feeley sucks thread. Give him a chance. If he cant do it we got gus for a year.

ch19079 said:
the answer is simple...

with the 34th overall pick, the miami dolphins select AJ Feely, QB from the university of the eagles.

thats who will be the QB next year, no matter who you select.

Exactly. Unless we aquire more early picks, I doubt we'll be drafting a QB, much less, one that will start right away.

If you announce to everyone that you are going to take Edwards to stimulate trade demands you have to take the guy after. This is Sabans first draft and will be remembered for it around the league. If it is a bluff and he ends up going with some RB then no one will take him seriously. I think you have to take him to prove to the league that you stick to your word. Finally he is the BPA (if thats who we take) so why not take him. Linehan uses three wideouts anyways and had a running back by committee in Minnesota.

:( Some interesting points about PBA, but I believe that if Smith goes to SF, Edwards is the best value at the #2 if any offers aren't acceptable. Saban should stick strongly to his value chart and get the most he can for a trade down, if not, then Edwards is the best value at the #2 selection. IMHO, I would like to draft JJ Arrington in a later round and maybe a QB on day two.

IMO Lamar Gordan should prosper in the new system, as I think Feeley will as well. The days of the Wanny nickel/dime offense are over. If I could say anything to Saban, it's stick to your guns and don't back down, AT ALL. :evil:

You don't pick a player for the purpose of proving a point to the rest of the league. :shakeno:

I was saying, we take BPA, which amost league wide is Edwards. By taking him, point is not just to screw other teams, is we get a great value and PROVE future negotiations with teams will not be a joke and playing hardball to screw US will not be the answer. Call it stupid if you want, but EVERY SINGLE TEAM WE TRY TO TRADE WITH IS TRYING TO SCREW US. Like the Cheifs, rams, and vikings are trying, just like the Saints did with ricky, like the eagles did with AJ. At some point we have to be bold and make a statement for the future and the price for that staement in if no fair trade down is offered? Edwards. Yeah, horrible price to pay to screw the teams that are trying so hard to screw us.

Puffboy(ricky) said:
I was saying, we take BPA, which amost league wide is Edwards.

What we're saying is "not so fast". We don't care what the other teams think. If Saban thinks Edwards is BPA, I think most of us are saying fine with us. If he isn't, there isn't a reason to take him even if 31 of 32 GMs say that's what should happen.

I was hoping we would take Edwards if we stayed at two the whole time. If you looked at what Randy Moss did for Minnesotta offense it was amazing. They had to keep a saftey and corner on him at all times. That means the defese can't blitz the QB the saftey that is coveing Moss isn't worried about run support. It opened everything up for Culpepper and all there RB's. He made the whole offense better and I think Edwards is that type of player. There are alot of talented Rb's in this years draft we don't have to take one with the #2 pick.

When was the last time Chambers had a WR like Edwards opposite him???...

Those two together would instantly upgrade our entire offense. You throw in Booker and McMike, and this will be one dangerous offense IMO. We've got a solid core of RB's {Gordon / Morris / Minor}, and let's not cross Ricky off that list just yet either....

The QB situation will fix itself as long as the OL plays respectable IMO, and Houck should be able to do wonders with what we've got in stock. Once the OL improves, the running game will take care of itself as well...

Having two major threats at WR like Chambers / Edwards, defenses wont be able to cheat up and stack the box anymore either. Stretch that defense, and watch the running game appear out of nowhere. Edwards is that one player who can change an entire defensive game plan....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom