Saban Reflection (after season/not departure) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Reflection (after season/not departure)

Finland

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think Saban motivated noone. That includes the end of last season. the only reason Miami had late season rallies both years is because the players could no longer stand to be embarassed or losing. The started poor both years due to Saban and finished well due to themselves.

Bates prehaps motivated a bit, but I will go on record as saying, that year it was really also the players. Don't get Bates. Sure he chest slammed a few players, but that was after they made a play. That is recognition not motivation.

Get a motivator. Get someone that can motivate rich men, not boys. Saban's double talk was a joke at the time and I don't even know what to call it now. Sure he is a man looking out for himself...who cares...we all are.

I absolutely agree that our few wins this year came from JT and ZT's absolute disgust with how things were going. After 1-6 it seems they realized the coach had no answers so they'd have to do it themselves. Motivation comes in different forms so it's difficult to say just get a motivator. A lot of motivators come in the Saban mold. A lot of bull**** that has no substance. It would be nice to find someone who motivates with real passion and sincere commitment.

Back
Top Bottom