Saban vs Meyer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban vs Meyer

MiaMarino

Starter
Reaction score
Who do you want to fail most? I won't say root for because I just can't do it. Is it the arrogant & smug Meyer you want to see fail or the true evil that is Nick Satan... er Saban?

OMO:

I am a Canes fan & just can't bring myself to root for "Dem Gators". On the other hand, root for the pure evil Saban. That sanctimonious, disloyal, traitorous, huckster & flim-flam man?

I don't know if I can take it if Satan came down here & won a NC in JRS...but the Gators?

Thoughts

As much as I hate Saban, I've lost a lot of respect for Meyer. What kind of school schedules Citadel this late in the season? How is this not being made into a bigger deal?

Nick Saban is the emibodiment of evil in it's purest form.

:boohoo:

WWWWWAAAA WWWAAAA Saban left us!!!! WWWAAAA WWWWAAAA just leave Britney alone WWWWAAAAA!!!!!

:boohoo:

man are you guys for real you sound like a bunch of emo's, get over it Saban's gone and we are doin' great with Tuna and company....sheesh....oh and by the way RRRRRROOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTIIIIIDDDDDEEEEE!!!!!!!!ROLL!!!!

:woot:

As much as I hate Saban, I've lost a lot of respect for Meyer. What kind of school schedules Citadel this late in the season? How is this not being made into a bigger deal?

Why?

1. Why would you want to put a tough opponent between road games at FSU & home against Spurrier?

2. Homecoming.

That's actually the biggest reason. You schedule a sure win for home coming to give the senior a sure-win send-off. Read this excerpt from a story:

"
Another telling sign of the mismatch came early in the third quarter, when Gators coach Urban Meyer gave defensive tackle Javier Estopinan, a fifth-year senior who has undergone three knee operations and isn’t even listed on the depth chart, a carry near the goal line. Estopinan scored untouched from a yard out, the first touchdown of his career, to make it 56-6.

“It was awesome,” Estopinan said. “There’s no better feeling. (Coach is) stingy with his touchdowns. There’s so many playmakers on offense you would never think you’re going to get a touchdown.”
Estopinan was one of 21 seniors honored before the game, and Meyer got many of them involved after the opening kickoff. Kestahn Moore ran six times for 50 yards and scored twice. Louis Murphy caught a touchdown pass.
"
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200811220067

3. Come on, you're gonna fault Meyer for scheduling ONE cupcake the whole season. When the season was decided, Meyer was going to face Hawaii (recent BCS-Bowl appearance), FSU, & UM. Aside from the weaker SEC teams, the Citadel was a gift to the seniors for their last home game.

Urban Meyer and it's not even close. Nick Saban at least left because of his love for the college game. He made a mistake by coming here and instead of dragging us under, he left. I understand that he lied, etc., and for those of you that want to bash Saban for his lying, you only build the case even more as to why Meyer should be the one that fails.

Talk about a liar. This guy would lie to his own Mother in front of the priest to land a kid on the recruiting trail. He's smug, he's arrogant, and he'll promise anything to get what he wants. And if he doesn't get what he wants, he then tries to ruin a recruit.

Meyer was recruiting Patrick Johnson who in the end, settled for LSU. An angry Meyer then went to the NCAA stating that he couldn't recruit Patrick Johnson to Florida because of a test score. After looking into the matter, the NCAA then flagged Johnson's October test score.

Omar Hunter was committed to Notre Dame as his father wanted him to attend the Catholic school for academic reasons. Meyer then swayed Omar from Notre Dame by telling him the weather sucked and that his social life would suffer. Omar had considered Florida because of assistant coach Greg Mattison. Apparently Hunter and Mattison had formed quite the bond but the hot rumor at the time was that Mattison was on his way to the NFL and this kept Omar from committing to Florida. Omar was assured that Mattison was going no where and eventually Omar signed with Florida. The day after national signing day, Mattison took a job with the Baltimore Ravens.

I have a close personal friend who is actually the older brother of one of the nation's top 5 high school players in the country. We're both Hurricane fans and he and his brother are constantly talking with college head coaches around the southeast. (ie: Randy Shannon, Bobby Bowden, Jimbo Fisher, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Les Miles, Mark Richt) and I've heard the war stories from a high school recruit himself about the negative recruiting that Urban Meyer uses-especially against Georgia, LSU, Miami and Florida State. Urban Meyer has told this kid that he doesn't want to come to Miami because Randy Shannon is going to be fired at the end of the season. This is absolutely 100% false.

Urban Meyer is scum. I'm not saying that Les Miles and Nick Saban don't use negative recruiting tactics but Urban Meyer is the worst in the southeast. He's a brilliant brilliant football coach but a scum of a human. I wish him the absolute worst.

Why?

1. Why would you want to put a tough opponent between road games at FSU & home against Spurrier?

2. Homecoming.

That's actually the biggest reason. You schedule a sure win for home coming to give the senior a sure-win send-off. Read this excerpt from a story:

"
Another telling sign of the mismatch came early in the third quarter, when Gators coach Urban Meyer gave defensive tackle Javier Estopinan, a fifth-year senior who has undergone three knee operations and isn’t even listed on the depth chart, a carry near the goal line. Estopinan scored untouched from a yard out, the first touchdown of his career, to make it 56-6.

“It was awesome,” Estopinan said. “There’s no better feeling. (Coach is) stingy with his touchdowns. There’s so many playmakers on offense you would never think you’re going to get a touchdown.”
Estopinan was one of 21 seniors honored before the game, and Meyer got many of them involved after the opening kickoff. Kestahn Moore ran six times for 50 yards and scored twice. Louis Murphy caught a touchdown pass.
"
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200811220067

3. Come on, you're gonna fault Meyer for scheduling ONE cupcake the whole season. When the season was decided, Meyer was going to face Hawaii (recent BCS-Bowl appearance), FSU, & UM. Aside from the weaker SEC teams, the Citadel was a gift to the seniors for their last home game.

If you want an easy win on homecoming, schedule the worst team in your conference. You don't add a FCS team to your schedule, especially this late. For that matter, you don't schedule an FCS team, period. Most schools don't seem to follow that though.

If you want an easy win on homecoming, schedule the worst team in your conference. You don't add a FCS team to your schedule, especially this late. For that matter, you don't schedule an FCS team, period. Most schools don't seem to follow that though.

Say what you want. That's not always possible. The Gators schedule OOC this years was Hawaii, Canes, FSU, and a cup-cake game for the Homecoming/Senior-Day. I have no problems with that whatsoever.

Urban Meyer and it's not even close. Nick Saban at least left because of his love for the college game. He made a mistake by coming here and instead of dragging us under, he left. I understand that he lied, etc., and for those of you that want to bash Saban for his lying, you only build the case even more as to why Meyer should be the one that fails.

Talk about a liar. This guy would lie to his own Mother in front of the priest to land a kid on the recruiting trail. He's smug, he's arrogant, and he'll promise anything to get what he wants. And if he doesn't get what he wants, he then tries to ruin a recruit.

Meyer was recruiting Patrick Johnson who in the end, settled for LSU. An angry Meyer then went to the NCAA stating that he couldn't recruit Patrick Johnson to Florida because of a test score. After looking into the matter, the NCAA then flagged Johnson's October test score.

Omar Hunter was committed to Notre Dame as his father wanted him to attend the Catholic school for academic reasons. Meyer then swayed Omar from Notre Dame by telling him the weather sucked and that his social life would suffer. Omar had considered Florida because of assistant coach Greg Mattison. Apparently Hunter and Mattison had formed quite the bond but the hot rumor at the time was that Mattison was on his way to the NFL and this kept Omar from committing to Florida. Omar was assured that Mattison was going no where and eventually Omar signed with Florida. The day after national signing day, Mattison took a job with the Baltimore Ravens.

I have a close personal friend who is actually the older brother of one of the nation's top 5 high school players in the country. We're both Hurricane fans and he and his brother are constantly talking with college head coaches around the southeast. (ie: Randy Shannon, Bobby Bowden, Jimbo Fisher, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Les Miles, Mark Richt) and I've heard the war stories from a high school recruit himself about the negative recruiting that Urban Meyer uses-especially against Georgia, LSU, Miami and Florida State. Urban Meyer has told this kid that he doesn't want to come to Miami because Randy Shannon is going to be fired at the end of the season. This is absolutely 100% false.

Urban Meyer is scum. I'm not saying that Les Miles and Nick Saban don't use negative recruiting tactics but Urban Meyer is the worst in the southeast. He's a brilliant brilliant football coach but a scum of a human. I wish him the absolute worst.

Then either you're full of **** or ALL of them are breaking recruitment rules by constantly contacting a player like that.

Are you people serious?

Mike Shula wasn't even fired yet....the Dolphins still had games to play....and Saban was supposed to stand up there and tell everyone to kiss his ***...he's going to Bama?

The deal was done....Saban didn't lie to protect himself...he knew everyone would know the truth when the season was over....he had to lie because the coach still had a job and was under contract that he was replacing..this wasn't supposed to be leaked to the media and Saban wasn't prepared to be asked...

In retrospect...he'd handle it differently I'm sure...but even then...the best he could have done was..."no comment"....

What benefit would the Dolphins have gotten had Saban said he was bailing during the season? None whatsoever...

The only one's still bitter are the Dolphin fans that put all their eggs in the Saban basket because he walked in and put a Dolphins cap on his head so they thought he bled aqua and orange suddenly...and defended him at every turn when they were being told he was as good as gone...

Saban bleeds coaching college football....and is a hired gun no matter where he goes...

Just like Bill Parcells....

They even share the same agent....lol...

Are you people serious?

Mike Shula wasn't even fired yet....the Dolphins still had games to play....and Saban was supposed to stand up there and tell everyone to kiss his ***...he's going to Bama?

The deal was done....Saban didn't lie to protect himself...he knew everyone would know the truth when the season was over....he had to lie because the coach still had a job and was under contract that he was replacing..this wasn't supposed to be leaked to the media and Saban wasn't prepared to be asked...

In retrospect...he'd handle it differently I'm sure...but even then...the best he could have done was..."no comment"....

What benefit would the Dolphins have gotten had Saban said he was bailing during the season? None whatsoever...

The only one's still bitter are the Dolphin fans that put all their eggs in the Saban basket because he walked in and put a Dolphins cap on his head so they thought he bled aqua and orange suddenly...and defended him at every turn when they were being told he was as good as gone...

Saban bleeds coaching college football....and is a hired gun no matter where he goes...

Just like Bill Parcells....

They even share the same agent....lol...

Dude!!
Don't you know?Saban banged most of these posters' girlfriends and mothers,kicked their puppies and revoked most of their green cards.
To them Saban has caused the downfall of the Dolphins,while Wayne
is a lovable old owner who loves the Dolphins.
Check out a old post of mine.....

Back
Top Bottom