Saban wants Spears | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban wants Spears

I don't see Spears getting past San Diego (if they stay at 12) or Houston. The Texans especially need a stud 3-4 DE. I live in Houston and the local writers seem to have the Texans selecting Spears, Thomas Davis, or maybe Merriman if Dallas passes on him. If all those guys are gone I wouldn't be surprised if Houston took Alex Barron.

I've been saying Spears for awhile now....it makes sense...it's a safe pick for a new coach and it fills a need. Besides, Spears and Saban are fishing buddies...lot's of good fishing in south Florida. Barring injury...Spears will be a Dolphin for the next 10 years or so...probably long after Saban is gone. GO PHINS!

P.S. If Saban gets that 2nd first rounder....look for Clayton to be the pick...depending on what the Chiefs do...a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round....of course Saban could be content on taking a chance on Gore....with a later pick. One just doesn't know.

enigmatics said:
It's just my opinion, but I really see Saban making a push for Spears if we trade out. He's the versatile Richard Seymore type we're lacking and Saban knows the kid better than anyone.
I partially agree. I think he'd take Spears if the value was right. But I dont think he resembles Seymour cause he doesnt have Seymours upfield rush ability.

HysterikiLL said:
Why would we go and sign two prime veteran defensive ends and with our sole needs being QB and RB go and draft a DE?

We signed 2 TEMPORARY guys while Saban keeps an eye out for guys he eventually can get in there. For example if we did the 7th and 18th I would not be surprised if DT or DE in that situation.

We've got an incredibly aging line and no youth there to take over. In the next 2 years we need to find 1 DE and 2 DT's to replace our aging line. And in another year or 2 after that we gotta replace J.T.

That line needs some youth bad. Hell our entire defense is getting up there in age. The only youth we got is a couple possible LB's and a possible CB in Poole.

VanDolPhan said:
We signed 2 TEMPORARY guys while Saban keeps an eye out for guys he eventually can get in there. For example if we did the 7th and 18th I would not be surprised if DT or DE in that situation.

We've got an incredibly aging line and no youth there to take over. In the next 2 years we need to find 1 DE and 2 DT's to replace our aging line. And in another year or 2 after that we gotta replace J.T.

That line needs some youth bad. Hell our entire defense is getting up there in age. The only youth we got is a couple possible LB's and a possible CB in Poole.
:clap: Good job. Ive already said that a 100x in other posts. Nice to see someone is paying attention :D

if we really pick #7 and #18 then the #18th pick should be used to get more picks or on D , IMO

Also, we could go Merriman/Johnson/Rolle at 7 and go Fason at 18. Or is that too early for Fason?

Bopkin02 said:
Also, we could go Merriman/Johnson/Rolle at 7 and go Fason at 18. Or is that too early for Fason?
way too early for fason.

When should Fason go, and is he a potential franchise back? My Sporting News Scouting Report sounds pretty good regarding him, but I never saw him play and know nothing about him. What's his deal?

I hope not the future Kevin Carter, he has underachieved his whole carrer.

I can see us drafting a defensive player that would fit our schemes, a guy like Spears or Rolle... but it is highly unlikely.

Krush said:
I hope not the future Kevin Carter, he has underachieved his whole carrer.

WHAT?!? Kevin Carter is 31, and he has not underachieved his whole career(that would be Vonnie Holliday)

I've seen him play he is a good servicable back would be a steal if dolphins got him.
Darren Sproles is better.

Back
Top Bottom