Saban was lying when he said... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban was lying when he said...

Geez...Raving is raving again....LOL

Seriously, while we can be optimistic about RW possibly returning, it is a pipe dream to think that we'll be competing for the SB this year. Granted, a very nice pipe dream, but a pipe dream nonetheless...First a lot of things have to fall our way...RW return has to be a success (and it is really a dream that you think RW will get 1500 yards this season..for one thing, IF he returns and can still play, he'll be only a part time back...RB is much more versatile, although untested as of yet, than RW). Sure, I am guardedly optimistic as well...but common sense tells me that the 4 years of Wanny running the team into the ground will not be undone in one offseason...Saban is going to be good, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves...we haven't even had the full squad together yet....

raving said:
I expect Ricky to be a BEAST next year - 12 games - 1500 total yards - passing and recieving that is.

Look out NFL! I think Ricky will be an absolute ANIMAL! I think it is due to people's emotional response to being let down last year that people are talking about Ricky not being in shape. Ricky is going to be a man on a mission to absolutely obliterate all of the nay sayers around the NFL - especially those in Miami and the teams overall fanbase. Ricky looked INCREDIBLE in a Dolphins uniform considering he had SO little help.

Saban must feel like Babe Ruth in 1919 with some feeble pitcher lobbing a softball across the strike zone with this Ricky set up. Saban can get the guy so highly motivated by telling him that he can make millions, make his critics eat crow, carve out a piece of NFL history, and he will have lots and lots of help so on Mondays he will not feel like he's been in a car wreck. Then he can retire into Bob Marleyesque oblivian forever MAHHNNN!

Saban is lulling the NFL and the Dolphin fanbase to sleep in that he is way understating his intentions. That is wise. By taking this more humble approach he is making the media, and the odds makers underestimate our true likelihood of success. He takes some heat off of himself and buys time for working out unforseen glitches in his otherwise brilliant mutlifaceted attack to making this team very good.

WOW Ricky and Saban have the same PR guy! :roflmao:

Hope your right.

The dogs that speaks in my head says 8-8 for fins this season.

Ruff:fire::fire:

With a new offensive and defensive scheme, Imo, it will take time to adjust,so I will guess at a 8-8 season

LarryFinFan said:

Seriously, while we can be optimistic about RW possibly returning, it is a pipe dream to think that we'll be competing for the SB this year. Granted, a very nice pipe dream, but a pipe dream nonetheless...First a lot of things have to fall our way...RW return has to be a success (and it is really a dream that you think RW will get 1500 yards this season..for one thing, IF he returns and can still play, he'll be only a part time back...RB is much more versatile, although untested as of yet, than RW). Sure, I am guardedly optimistic as well...but common sense tells me that the 4 years of Wanny running the team into the ground will not be undone in one offseason...Saban is going to be good, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves...we haven't even had the full squad together yet....

Yes I am Raving and Drooling, but then here I go again. I am believe I understand something about Saban and Ricky. People forget how freakin good Ricky is. Many so called football experts ranked Ricky in the top 7 of running backs in the league, usually the top 5. Here's what I think: He was THE BEST back in the league behind one of the worst offensive lines with a predictable offensive scheme that allowed defenses to stack the box.

And now when Ricky comes back he's not 'playin'. This is it. For all the marbles. I think he intends to get after it and let it all hang out. Finally Ricky has a mission - a reason to play like he never has before. To prove himself as a true warrior. To show the world that he is a true warrior. His legacy can potentially change from flake to thunderous champion. Saban gets this about Ricky and I believe knows how to push all the right buttons. Ronnie will be given ample opportunity to stretch and grow under Ricky's success. In this moment I am not even beginning to scratch the surface of how the current system towers in its advantage to Ricky.

Ricky will be a beast in an offense that now is LOADED!

LarryFinFan said:

Could we not use "RW" and "pipe" in the same post, please? Thank you. ;)

Syra39 said:
With a new offensive and defensive scheme, Imo, it will take time to adjust,so I will guess at a 8-8 season

I agree completely. Some people are talking 10-6 / 11-5 no way in hell. A team that wins that many games is a SB contender and we are not there yet. At least IMHO.

Everyone needs to remember that this is the NFL!!. At any given time any team can have injuries that can break a season for them, with the improvements that the fins have made with the hopeful improvement of our QB situations again anything can happen at any given season. Just hope and be optomistic. GO FINS!!!

I think one of the reasons Saban took this job is that the team had lots of upside and that a turn around is not that far off. He's a smart guy and smart guys don't like to look stupid: 9-7 minimum.

Watch out NFL we will be one of the best coached and most prepared teams this year!

Back
Top Bottom