Sacks! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sacks!

Dthrill_08

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have seen a many big QB's. I have seen mobile QB's and a handful of big and mobile QBs. Then there is only 1 Josh Allen.

Why is Josh Allen so difficult to bring down! Even when he scrambles, he makes defenders freeze but I don't see the speed. How the hell does Brandon Jones just stops like a deer in headlights with the lame juke move. We finished with 4 sacks but honestly, we left another 3 or 4 sacks on the field.

He’s as polarizing an athlete as LeBron James is when you consider the fact that the man is a quarterback. I’ve tried to hate him but you really can’t. He’s flat out amazing and has been unstoppable since correcting the accuracy issues he came into the league with.

Really wish he was drafted by an NFC team just so I could pull for him on Sundays.

Last edited:
He’s bigger than he looks. Plus, his juke moves have been so effective in the past that defenders can’t help but be extra cautious.

He’s a naturally great athlete with excellent improv skills and instincts.

For ex, he’ll use a pump fake 20 yards downfield and get the defender to jump..He anticipates where the rush is coming from very early in the rep..

The fact that we beat him and their 90 reps was a great performance.

You could see on the first drive we were gonna come after him all game…he got his many times but we were relentless and made great plays as well..

It will not ever get that hard the rest of the season until we meet them again..

So let’s tear up the league with the same defensive approach and go for home field advantage :)

He's a country strong dude. Reminds me of Culpeper in his prime. Gotta wrap him up and get a good grip. Throwing shoulders won't work.

It's just so hard as a defender. It's like Larry Csonka playing quarterback. His legs are very strong as well, so hitting him low isn't guaranteed. Have to swarm him and make him pay. I think Miami mostly did that yesterday.

I do hope, for Allen's sake, that he's smarter with his runs decisions. I get Buffalo wants that killer instinct, to put up as many points as possible, but if/when he gets hurt on a scramble up by three scores late that could ruin their season. And possibly his career.

He’s as polarizing an athlete as LeBron James is when you consider the fact that the man is a quarterback. I’ve tried to hate him but you really can’t. He’s flat out amazing and has been unstoppable since correcting the accuracy issues he came into the league with.

Really wish he was drafted by an NFC team just so I could pull for him on Sundays.

What pains me personally is that I posted in 2017 that he's the only QB in that class I would've replaced Tannehill with. I wasn't into the idea of drafting any QB but at the time but I saw something in Allen, especially at the combine when even the other prospects would stop to watch him. I gotta admit I had no idea he was that kind of athlete though.

Even better for me personally is that I also stated I'd NEVER take Mayfield or Darnold.

Wasn't all great for me, I did think Josh Rosen was the second best QB from that class so I was excited to get him from Arizona. Still think the kid can throw the heck out of a ball, which he can, but like Chad Henne, he's a shorts and t-shirt passer. Doing it with the pads on isn't their specialty.

It is amazing how much he has improved as a QB since he was a draft prospect.

Huge credit to him for the work he has put in and the coaches who have helped him.

I view him as QB 1 in the NFL ahead of Mahomes, there is nothing he does not do at a high level now.

I HATE that he is in the AFC East and we will be seeing him for another decade or more. :DWN:

He’s bigger than he looks. Plus, his juke moves have been so effective in the past that defenders can’t help but be extra cautious.
And players also have the "can I hit him now, is he about to slide?" thoughts in their minds. Kiko of course didn't have it in his mind a few years back. Lol

Back
Top Bottom