sad day for PAts? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sad day for PAts?

I wish him good luck and a speedy recovery.

As a fan when players are on the field in my mind they are just players not people(not sure I worded that right but you should know what I mean) I can yell and scream and hate them all day long when they have their helmets on, but once their helmets come off then they are real people to me and as much as I hate them as players as people I have no bad feelings towards them and never wish any of them ill will.

There are a few I will say that helmet on or off I will never like.

jribs said:
Agreed, class guy and I too hope he has a speedy recovery. Don't see him coming back though and that leaves a big hole (no pun intended) in their LB corp.

same here, except the pun is intended

Bruschi is a tough mofo. I hope it won't be long before he's back on the field knocking the crap out of Feely. I wish him well.

Agua said:
That's not what the article says. It says he had a small leak from a blood vessel in his brain, and that causes one type of stroke. Where did you hear anything about the heart surgery allowing him to play again?

I worked for over 15 years as an operating room tech, this is not an uncommon thing, in fact some people never know they have it.

I'm not a doctor but people have come back and have led active lives after this.

Question is does he want to play after going thru it?

finresurrection said:
Bruschi to have surgery to repair hole in his heart. the story is on yahoo sports.

can't post the link - sorry.

I am not one to dump on another teams' misery, especially when it comes to the health of a likebale player. let's all hope Teddy comes out of this OK. he is only 31 and we all hope he has a long life ahead of him

ouch, that sounds bad, too young to have this kind of problem, I hope he recovers

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Wow. I guess I am blind. For the life of me I can't see where the article says anything about the heart surgery allowing him to play again or the hole in his heart causing the stroke.

Or are you saying the other reports from two days ago stated these things? If so, that's good enough.

I hope he can come back and play at his best. But, I also hope for him and his family, that he has a long life.

If he were on the Phins - we'd love the guy. I really respect him a great deal.

Joey 22 said:
Strokes happen to beer drinking, pork chop eating, couch bum, 50 yo. not to one of the MVPs on the SB, I think that for Bruschis and the hole team good that has to be done.

Strokes can be a random event. A friend of mine had one when he was 17 years old, and he was in great condition playing both football, basketball and running cross country.

Joey 22 said:
It really astonishes me how a 30 yo. top notch athlete can have a stroke and a hole on his heart, not only unnoticed by team doctors but it even sounds as something that happened instantly, Im not trying to be mean to someone in pain but the league has to make him a blood test and audit the NE medical crew its imposible, Strokes happen to beer drinking, pork chop eating, couch bum, 50 yo. not to one of the MVPs on the SB, I think that for Bruschis and the hole team good that has to be done.

Not really, it's very hard to pick up. People get discovered have heart problems all the time that they have had and never picked up. His problem was one he was most likely born with.

Others can be caused by millions of thing and nothing to do with being over weight and bad habits. Look at Steriods?? That causes all kinds of effects that have nothing to do with eating pork chops and drinking beer.

Len Bias???

It's a very common thing (well not common but happens often).

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
that was a long time ago and he pulled out fine man

WHat are you talking about?? I heard it on the radio at lunchtime also..On 790 THe Ticket. He will undergo surgery this week for a hole in his heart. Hasn't happened yet!

BringBackShula said:
WHat are you talking about?? I heard it on the radio at lunchtime also..On 790 THe Ticket. He will undergo surgery this week for a hole in his heart. Hasn't happened yet!
Read all the posts, he retracted.

Back
Top Bottom