Safety to give up NFL life for the Army | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety to give up NFL life for the Army

now that you bring this up!

you know whats really funny. my wifes brother, joined the army and made green beret, took helicopter training, went to school and took the vietnamese language and they put him in charge of the motor pool in south carolina. this was back in 65. now how stupid is that, they didn't send him to vietnam because he wanted to go!:rolleyes:

i don't think he wanted to be ..............

included with ground forces though. also back in 64-65 the green berets were supposed to be advisors!

Oh ok. I remember my dad telling me that he was almost drafted although he wasn't a US citizen since he had just turned 17 but he had been living here for 3 years. He wasn't selected, and he hated the war.

Tillman is a pretty good player, this surprises me. My 2nd cousin is ROTC but he just graduated from the University of Georgia and he got the call. He was really upset that he got the call and now he is in Kuwait, he is going to come back soon. I don't know him that well since we are distant relatives but he said he should be coming back soon since we have been emailing each other.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Someone actually wanted to go to Vietnam? That is a first.

I don't think there are a lot of people in the history of the world who "wanted" to go in a war, but there were a lot of people who were willing to go fight in Vietnam.

its the one and only time..............

Originally posted by booyeah_

I don't think there are a lot of people in the history of the world who "wanted" to go in a war, but there were a lot of people who were willing to go fight in Vietnam.
i'm glad i had a police record. can't be drafted except by the president. and that would only happen if we were invaded!:D

You can also avoid being drafted if you are a Muslim. So if I was ever to be drafted, I would just tell them that I am Islamic and fighting in a war is against my beliefs.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
You can also avoid being drafted if you are a Muslim. So if I was ever to be drafted, I would just tell them that I am Islamic and fighting in a war is against my beliefs.
That wouldn't work if you went to church. They could call churches to see lists of who goes b/c a Muslim would not go to a Christian church.

Back
Top Bottom