Sage - Once And For All | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sage - Once And For All

DolfanDonny

Starter
Reaction score
In your humble opinions,
and despite all of talk you may have seen going on around you on this board and elsewhere,

what do you think is the biggest hang-up on Sage Rosenfels having a LEGITIMATE chance to start for the Dolphins?? Some posters on this board and others have gone so far as to label him as a "career back-up." I just don't see that. He had a lot of upside and promise coming out of Washington, and for some reason just has not been given the opportunity. You certainly can't count his 15 minutes of fame in the GB game years back. Has he not impressed in training camp/pre-season? What in the world are the coaches really looking for?

If he doesn't remain with the Dolphins or is relegated to even a 3rd string position, what are the Dolphins' alternatives for a good back-up #2 QB??

Thanks for answering...I look forward to your responses...

Originally posted by DolfanDonny
In your humble opinions,
and despite all of talk you may have seen going on around you on this board and elsewhere,

what do you think is the biggest hang-up on Sage Rosenfels having a LEGITIMATE chance to start for the Dolphins?? Some posters on this board and others have gone so far as to label him as a "career back-up." I just don't see that. He had a lot of upside and promise coming out of Washington, and for some reason just has not been given the opportunity. You certainly can't count his 15 minutes of fame in the GB game years back. Has he not impressed in training camp/pre-season? What in the world are the coaches really looking for?

If he doesn't remain with the Dolphins or is relegated to even a 3rd string position, what are the Dolphins' alternatives for a good back-up #2 QB??

Well it's hard to judge a guy who ran two plays against a playoff team with as many injuries as the Fins had. But to counter that he did look good against the Titans last season, he drove the team down the field against the Titans starting defense bent on getting a shutout and scored a TD. Other than preseason stuff I can't say much more. there are guys that go to TC open to the public that may have seen more.

Rosenfels is not going to take any team to a Superbowl. What is your goal? Mediocrity or superiority?

why not??? I'm just asking what is preventing him from taking over the starting job....who decides he is "mediocre"...you??? How do you know he wouldn't take a team to the SB if not given the opportunity? You don't...

To assume he would be mediocre is not giving the guy his due. what should the criteria be for ANY QB to reach the superbowl??

Originally posted by LdoubleE80
Rosenfels is not going to take any team to a Superbowl. What is your goal? Mediocrity or superiority?

Do you think that feeley is....another 3rd string backup??

In your humble opinions,

From the route that we're taking right now, i would have gone with Sage also. I've said already about 1000Xs this week, :D , that I'm not against feeley being here but am against the deal in how he got here, considering the kind of player he is. Of course I'm assuming it's a very cap friendly deal for a couple of yrs in that if he doesn't pan out, he'll go by the way of Fiedler w/o a big hit. Problem is that if he doesn't take either snap, he still costs 600K/yr for the bonus alone plus the fact that we'll have wasted a couple more yr on another reach anyway.

Feeley did not start in Philly because he was behind McNabb...that doesn't mean he was mediocre. I don't buy this talk he was a "backup for a reason" as others have posted.

Who is YOUR alternative for THIS YEAR's Miami QB, or do you not care about winning this year.

There is still nothing preventing the Fins from drafting a young QB, especially if we end up getting two #1's(O-GUN).

Feeley's contract is only 2 years guaranteed with options for 3 more. If he sucks as bad as you think, a young QB (Rivers, Losman) could be groomed to take over, IF and ONLY IF Sage didn't pan out...

Why would Sage occupy a roster spot if he weren't worthy of playing. the fact is, even 3rd stringers have to be ready to play as the starter because we all know injuries happen.

I'm just saying Sage should be given a hard look to be the starter. I don't wanna hear comments from Wanny during training camp about how "sharp" or "focused" Sage was and then not reward him with a chance to start. It's just not right...

Feeley did not start in Philly because he was behind McNabb...that doesn't mean he was mediocre. I don't buy this talk he was a "backup for a reason" as others have posted.

Who is YOUR alternative for THIS YEAR's Miami QB, or do you not care about winning this year.

There is still nothing preventing the Fins from drafting a young QB, especially if we end up getting two #1's(O-GUN).

Feeley's contract is only 2 years guaranteed with options for 3 more. If he sucks as bad as you think, a young QB (Rivers, Losman) could be groomed to take over, IF and ONLY IF Sage didn't pan out...

Why would Sage occupy a roster spot if he weren't worthy of playing. the fact is, even 3rd stringers have to be ready to play as the starter because we all know injuries happen.

I'm just saying Sage should be given a hard look to be the starter. I don't wanna hear comments from Wanny during training camp about how "sharp" or "focused" Sage was and then not reward him with a chance to start. It's just not right...

First of all, if you're talking to me, then go back and re-read what I wrote and then re-read what you wrote. Think about what you said and when you come back, try and do so by being on either one side of the fence or the other. You contradicted yourself so bad, it ain't even funny.

First of all, feeley did not start in Philly because he was a backup behind detmer.
Well, what do you buy. if he wasn't a backup for a reason, then what was he a backup for then?
What my alternative is for this yr has nothing to do with this thread at all so that's why it's not here. Dearch back for the last couple months and you may find it.

Like i said, go back and re-read!! :yell:

Will I ever win the lotto?
Who wins the World series this year? And the superbowl?
I figured you can read the future so I thought I would ask some other questions that you should know the awnser to.

I wonder how many said that about Brady, Delhomme, Dilfer, Johnson, or hell Montana when he was drafted wasn't highly reguarded as a future great QB. Joe Theisman was drafted so low he was a punt returner his first year.
Lets go back to Bradshaw he was considered dumb as a stump, sure everyone thinks he's great now but back then they wanted his head on a stick.
Lets look at some QBs that didn't go to a superbowl, Dan Fouts, Neil Lomax, Danny White, Ken O'Brien, Steve Barkowski, Bert Jones, Randle Cunningham, Warren Moon, Bernie Kosar, Archie Manning. Vinny Testivertie(sp?) it's fair to say they were dam good QBs.

Lets look at QBs that were supposed to be superstars, Ryan Leaf, Todd Blackledge, Akili Smith, Andre Ware, Chuck Long, the list goes on. Huh, didn't pan out for them but yet you have guys like Matt Hasselbach, Tom Brady and Jake Delhomme having success along side guys like Manning Mcnabb and McNair.

Give me a list of QBs that are not current starters in the league, including the draft, then list them under two categories,
1. QBs that will have good or great careers.
2. Qbs that will fail to produce.
Then lets see how well you did in five years.

...What do you think is the biggest hang-up on Sage Rosenfels having a LEGITIMATE chance to start for the Dolphins??...

Opportunity. It's a catch 22. The coaches want someone experienced. Sage has little experience. We should have sent him to Europe last year...there was no real opportunity for him other than the brief success he had against the Titans.

Sage needs to earn the #2 spot. And then be prepared for that one opportunity.

Re: Re: Sage - Once And For All

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

Opportunity. It's a catch 22. The coaches want someone experienced. Sage has little experience. We should have sent him to Europe last year...there was no real opportunity for him other than the brief success he had against the Titans.

Sage needs to earn the #2 spot. And then be prepared for that one opportunity.

And it ain't like Feeley has alot of experience either !! ;)

This is sad but what Sage really just needs to wait for is an injury. Thats how guys like him get their break...even Tom Brady. I think even Jake Delhomme got his first break because Peete got injured against the Jags and Delhomme came in and scored them touchdowns to win the game. Feeley got his experience because Donovan went down then so did Koy Detmer.

Sage just has to fight his hardest to be the primary backup, then wait for an injury. Once he gets in there and logs some time, then we'll see where he's at.

He probably has as good of a shot as AJ Feeley...

Ok Dedolph. You think the opinion that he was "listed" as teh 3 becuase of NFL rules rgarding the 3 being on the field even to hold is bogus and everyone should believe your opinion cause you said so. If you dont understand the point, I will explain it to you, McNabb is teh Franchise qb, so Feeley would have to have proven in 5 starts that he is lights out better than McNabb for them to bench the 3rd overall pick in the draft. The point is he is a backup because they felt that McNabb was or is an elite qb, not because they dont think Feeley can play. It is not our situation, where he could not beat out Griese or Fiedler.

Manning is Franchised, I say we clear a lot of cap space and give up this year and next years first for him to Indy. There you have it. situation solved...:jk: :french:

Back
Top Bottom