Sage - Once And For All | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sage - Once And For All

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Ok Dedolph. You think the opinion that he was "listed" as teh 3 becuase of NFL rules rgarding the 3 being on the field even to hold is bogus and everyone should believe your opinion cause you said so. If you dont understand the point, I will explain it to you, McNabb is teh Franchise qb, so Feeley would have to have proven in 5 starts that he is lights out better than McNabb for them to bench the 3rd overall pick in the draft. The point is he is a backup because they felt that McNabb was or is an elite qb, not because they dont think Feeley can play. It is not our situation, where he could not beat out Griese or Fiedler.

WTF are you talking about anyway. It is NOT my opinion that he is the #3, it is a simple fact. Look at the eagles depth chart and you will see it as....
1-McNabb
2-DETMER
3-Feeley

I'm glad you explained it to me, otherwise i would have had nO idea at all that McNabb is the franchise qB there? Thanks for pointing that out !! :tongue:

Point is that he backs up Detmer and not McNabb. So for some ODD reason, he is the #3 and not the #2 guy. Personally, I don't think there's alot of drop off between detmer and feeley, but that's not the point, but apparently the Eagles do.
And if you'd care to explain your last sentence, have at it. It would seem that you may have contradicted yourself. :rolleyes:

I don't think you guys are reading the writing on the wall. If the staff thought that Sage was starting material, they would not even be considering keeping Fiedler. Why would they have Feeley as #1, Fiedler as #2, and Sage as #3 if they thought he was that good. They've seen the guy for 2 years in practice and don't think enough of him to be a solid #2. What does that tell you?

I've seen Feeley, I've seen Rosenfels. Feeley is superior.

Originally posted by LdoubleE80
Rosenfels is not going to take any team to a Superbowl. What is your goal? Mediocrity or superiority?

Whats the difference between rosenfels and feely? 5 games. Feely got drafted like 40 spots after rosenfels that same year. They're both unproven so to say he is not gonna take a team to a superbowl is BS. You have no clue what he can bring to the table. Hell, he has more friggin upside than Feely's lame ***, at least Sage has 2 years in the system under his belt along with more speed and a much stronger arm.

Ok in simple terms you are one of those peopl that see things in black and white only and cannot see the grey or you refuse to consider any scenario or fact or versions that dont support your argument. In other words you have the "I have to be right at all costs because i have labeled myself genious because my thoughts seems so logical to me everybody has to agree with me" syndrome.

Simply put writers and fans in Philli will tell you Feeley is listed as teh #3 qb because Koy was the holder for Akers. Now Nfl rules say the 3 rd qb or emergency qb cannot be on the field or teh #1 and 2 cannot return, so if Koy would have been listed as the #3 he would not been able to hold for akers. Therefore, in order to facilitate Koy holding and since they could start Feeley the following week if McNabb was hurt, they list Koy as #2 so he can hold.

Now before you go say "gee i didnt need you to tell me that" You either did or you dont want to acknowledge this as this was the crux of my last post but you do not want to address this because then at a very minimum, puts a crack in your argument.

Herein lies the diff, with all that, you may be right that we gave up too much, I admit that I do not know whether this will work out or not. He may turn out great and then a #2 is fine. You can and some have they dont believe the above statement, which is fine, your opinion. But to ignore the above completely and just state the black and white is a deceptive trick to make your argument seem infoulable, which it is not. Nor is mine nor anyone elses, they are all opinions weighted equally.

Rosenfels does not have a stronger arm. He has a slower release as well, and please don't tell me Rosenfels is mobile. The coaches have seen the guy for 2 years in practice, and aren't even confident enough to let him be the #2, no questions asked. Where is his upside? Rosenfels was traded for to be what he is--a #3 QB. Feeley was traded for to start. Where is the confusion?

Rosenfels does not have a stronger arm. He has a slower release as well, and please don't tell me Rosenfels is mobile. The coaches have seen the guy for 2 years in practice, and aren't even confident enough to let him be the #2, no questions asked. Where is his upside? Rosenfels was traded for to be what he is--a #3 QB. Feeley was traded for to start. Where is the confusion?

Actually if you recall last training camp all the talk was how rosenfels arm was the strongest of all the qb's. Feely doesnt have much more of an arm than fiedler in-part due to a elbow injury in college that still affects his stength, but you wouldnt know that since you've probably never even seen him play.

Another thing, your "not mobile" comment shows your ignorance. Just so you know in his senior season in college he rushed 78 times for 372 yards, thats 4.77 yard per carry, Hell he even had a fricking 140 yard rushing game against colorado. Pretty damn impressive for an immoble QB.

I don't think you guys are reading the writing on the wall. If the staff thought that Sage was starting material, they would not even be considering keeping Fiedler. Why would they have Feeley as #1, Fiedler as #2, and Sage as #3 if they thought he was that good. They've seen the guy for 2 years in practice and don't think enough of him to be a solid #2. What does that tell you?

I've seen Feeley, I've seen Rosenfels. Feeley is superior.

Superior as compared to what?? i'm just wondering what you base that on, is all. Both have played in about the same # of games and Sage has a 20 pt higher overall rating, albeit off the bench only tho. however, i am not trying to say that Feeley is not actually better and will say again that I'm not against having him. The onlt thing I've been saying about the whole mess is that considering the deal we're giving for feeley and what we're trying to accomplish, I think that we would or could do almost as well with Sage for alot cheaper. iMO, the fO is betting the farm that Feeley will be the next Tom Brady and feel so threatened by this win NOW thing that they are going for broke on a long shot. But yes, it tells me that the FO has no faith in Sage and it also tells me that i have no faith in them for trying to accomplish something with another QB with no much more experience. It seems that everwhere you go, when the Dolphins are mentioned about this deal, there are just alot of ? ? ? ? ?s flying around. if this works out, it will be great, but I will think it to be more of a product of blind luck rather than the stroke of genius. Now, if he takes abunch od oLman from the obscure depth charts of other teams along with a couple WRs like that and they excel, then he maybe a genius. Til then,IMO, it's strictly banking on the good graces of Lady Luck. And that is not the way to build a football team, iMO. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Ok in simple terms you are one of those peopl that see things in black and white only and cannot see the grey or you refuse to consider any scenario or fact or versions that dont support your argument. In other words you have the "I have to be right at all costs because i have labeled myself genious because my thoughts seems so logical to me everybody has to agree with me" syndrome.

Simply put writers and fans in Philli will tell you Feeley is listed as teh #3 qb because Koy was the holder for Akers. Now Nfl rules say the 3 rd qb or emergency qb cannot be on the field or teh #1 and 2 cannot return, so if Koy would have been listed as the #3 he would not been able to hold for akers. Therefore, in order to facilitate Koy holding and since they could start Feeley the following week if McNabb was hurt, they list Koy as #2 so he can hold.

Now before you go say "gee i didnt need you to tell me that" You either did or you dont want to acknowledge this as this was the crux of my last post but you do not want to address this because then at a very minimum, puts a crack in your argument.

Herein lies the diff, with all that, you may be right that we gave up too much, I admit that I do not know whether this will work out or not. He may turn out great and then a #2 is fine. You can and some have they dont believe the above statement, which is fine, your opinion. But to ignore the above completely and just state the black and white is a deceptive trick to make your argument seem infoulable, which it is not. Nor is mine nor anyone elses, they are all opinions weighted equally.

A deceptive trick? For what? I'm not sure why you brought this "gray area" into it because it only clouds up the whole thing. Simply put, you stated that it was mY opinion that Feeley was a #3. I only proved you wrong on that. but if you really want to make it more cloudy, your self support by saying that the writers and fans in Philly say this, is well, your opinion. I live in a pro philly area myself and can't recall any of the writers saying any such mess. I'll tell you why, IMO, of course. if Feeley is the better QB as you suggest, then he should be the #2. i do not think the position of "holder" is that important to warrant awarding him the #2 spot because of it. take us for example, our punter is usually the holder, we cut royals after about 3 gms last year, signed Turk and didn't miss a beat in that regard. But if Detmer was THAT important to the team as holder, as you suggest again, then I as a HC would list him at another position, say a DB for instance since he pretty much plays only special teams. Then if your #1 guy goes down, you can then play the "superior talented" feeley instead of Detmer and if you wanted, could still use Detmer at QB w/o risking mcnabb's status according to the rules. So, you see, I still stand by my "opinion" of Philly's depth chart. But if you still feel that Feeley was "in essence" their #2..well, so be it.
But you are right about one thing. I am one of those ppl who try to see things in black and white, as much as possible anyway. Issues are "cloudy" enough as they are, without us making it any worse. You may be correct, Feeley may turn out to be great and if so, will be worth a #2 pick. All I've been saying about it all along is that by considering everything involved, the odds are that it is just a huge reach, for the contract.

But one last thing tho, I ain't trying to butt heads with ya. Just trying to get on the same page!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the confusion lies in that both QBs are pretty much cut from the same cloth, pretty much, ie drat status, time in nfl, games played in, etc. but I think it is pretty much moot until we get the OL and wRs fixed. Til then, it won't matter much who takes the snaps.

He should of started the last game of the season last year. I don't understand wansteadt's willingness to not help the future of the phins

All I know/remember about Sage is watching a 'Skins preseason game where Sage was at the helm. And honestly I thought he looked PATHETIC. I went into a tirade about how much he sucked and he shouldnt even be in the league. My roommate retorted with "well he has to have some talent to be on an NFL roster...blah blah blah." I replied with "Talent? This guy has to be the owners brother-in-law or something and he is just on the field as a favor to someone."

A week or two later the Dolphins traded for him, I was ashamed.

Back
Top Bottom