SAGE SUX...ill tell u why | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAGE SUX...ill tell u why

I think Sage has some quality talent, and a lot of potential. With him sitting behind Jay for 2-3 years,(maybe bringing in someone else for competion) I could see him as a quality starter down the road.

Originally posted by IAFINFAN
I've seem Sage plat quite a bit when he was with ISU. Great arm and a decent scrambler. Under the right situations he would be fine. He thinks the game through and knows what is role is in the offense. Sure he will have growing pains, but I know he is better than Lucas.

I have to take issue with this statement. I didn't see many games with him at ISU, but if you look at the stats he hardly tore it up. 8tds and 12 ints don't do much to start a campaing to start this guy.

The fact is Ray has had growing pains in his first couple games. Jay has had growing pains his first couple seasons. David Carr has had growing pains in Houston. Yes even John Elway was mediocre for his frist couple of seasons in the NFL.

We need a QB for 2 more weeks to keep our hopes for an AFC east crown. No matter how you slice it Ray is closer to being that guy than Sage(5 snaps in the NFL) Rosenfells. I know everyone wants Sage to get a shot and turn in to Werner or Brady, but you all are underestimating what it took for them to do what they did.

Tom had 2 training camps under the same system, and a full year of practice. He got to the point where he could know the system in his sleep. Sage has been here for 10 weeks.

Werner bounced around pro leagues for 6 years. He worked his ass off day and night so when he finally got his chance 7 years later he would be ready. The same could be said for Feidler. Rosenfells has been out of school for a year and a half, and regaurdless of why, he couldn't even make Spurrier's roster that boasted two guys that no one wanted.

I am not trying to degrade Sage, but this isn't his time. If we lose the next 5, and the season is over Sage should play. If we cut Ray and Sage goes in to training camp next year as the #2 guy and earns it, and then Jay goes down then that could be his time. Right now he is to raw, and this team is to good to give him a shot.

I'm going to agree with Dajesus (did I actually say that? :D ) on the Sage issue. Remember boys and girls, he's our 3rd stringer and has zero experience in the NFL and with the Miami Dolphins. I just don't see him knowing enough of the NFL to do any better then Lucas. Think about how that looks to the opposing team.....
....."Rookie QB who doesnt know the NFL or his playbook very well. Lets put 8 in the box and watch our DB's eat this guys lunch."
I see a lot of 3 and out's.
But yes, if our season goes in the crapper then put him in for experience. Maybe next year he'll be closer to being ready.

Originally posted by IceStorm
I'm going to agree with Dajesus (did I actually say that? :D ) on the Sage issue. Remember boys and girls, he's our 3rd stringer and has zero experience in the NFL and with the Miami Dolphins. I just don't see him knowing enough of the NFL to do any better then Lucas. Think about how that looks to the opposing team.....
....."Rookie QB who doesnt know the NFL or his playbook very well. Lets put 8 in the box and watch our DB's eat this guys lunch."
I see a lot of 3 and out's.
But yes, if our season goes in the crapper then put him in for experience. Maybe next year he'll be closer to being ready.

Am I really that bad?:cry: You can be honest I can take it.

Back
Top Bottom