Salary cap in the future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary cap in the future

Ct Fin Freak 13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With all this restructuring and extending of contracts im worried that in the future years to come we will be in much worse shape than we are in now. I know we got below by like 8 or so million but what about the future with JT supposed to make like 10 million next year. I know he had 13 sacks this year but most of those came after Ogun started having all his success it forced teams to pay attention to him. If we let Ogun go than JT will have to go through the growing pains of some other DE trying to fill the shoes of Ogun.

we say this every year. All I care about right now in that we get back into the playoffs in 2004

Exactly....as long as we have players that will restructure we will be fine...next year JT will make big money and he will restructure again the next year.....lol

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
Exactly....as long as we have players that will restructure we will be fine...next year JT will make big money and he will restructure again the next year.....lol

Mare, Taylor, and Thomas will not be restructuring in 2005

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13
With all this restructuring and extending of contracts im worried that in the future years to come we will be in much worse shape than we are in now. I know we got below by like 8 or so million but what about the future with JT supposed to make like 10 million next year. I know he had 13 sacks this year but most of those came after Ogun started having all his success it forced teams to pay attention to him. If we let Ogun go than JT will have to go through the growing pains of some other DE trying to fill the shoes of Ogun.

If we did cut Fiedler,Madison and not paid Thomas the BONUS miami would have cleared $20 mill over the next 2 years.

Miami always does these bone head moves by just restructuring instead of cutting "Wannys Boyz".Miami may be $8 mill under now but just wait til next season when they have to blow the whole thing up and rebuild because there is no way that Miami makes the playoffs with the cap room and all the Minimal starters that they try to plug in and wasting picks.

This year we have room to sign 2 FA's and that will not even come close to all the "HOLES" we have in the secondary(TBUCK(UFA) and Fletcher cut),O-Line(Nails and Wade UFA,Releasing Ruddy Perry),WR(JM cut and very average backuos),QB(Fielder and Feeley,Sage RFA theres something to brag about),and LB(Greenwood UFA and Seau playing out of position,Twan another FA).

Serious problems now and for the future.No need for Sunglasses people cause its a Full Eclipse on this Laughing stock of an ORG.

Actually, Jason Taylor may be.........I believe he has a two-tiered signing bonus. Have to wait for more info

With $8mil we can only sign 2 players :eek:
no I am sure we can sign alot more then that. Most big deals are long term and only count a mil or so against the cap in the first year. We can sign 2-3 top end FA's and then some lower priced fill ins. Also JT's guaranteed money next year will not all count against the cap.. guaranteed money counts like a signing bonus. it is spread out over the contract.

my guess is that madison will be let go .. if miami picks up a corner in the draft and or free agency that they feel can fill in capably for him ... restructure is out of the question and i can envision a senario like new england where they cut him at the very last minute... or perhaps let him go after the 2004 season.. i'm not sold on miami having even bigger cap problems in 2005.. my guess is they guys that didn't restructure in 2004 will be done in 2005.. just remember tim bowens seau and madison could all be gone next season in cap moves

Back
Top Bottom