Salary Cap Increased More than Anticipated - Fins thus have more $$$ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap Increased More than Anticipated - Fins thus have more $$$

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
MOBILE, ALA. -- The Dolphins will have more money than anticipated to spend in the upcoming free agent market.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel has learned that the NFL has readjusted its projected salary cap for the 2003 season. The new number is $75 million, which is an increase of $1.1 million from what the league had initially predicted.

An NFL source said the increase stems from better-than-expected revenue generated this season by the league’s DirecTV game package.

The Dolphins should be at least several million dollars under the cap when the free-agent signing period begins Feb. 28. The team is looking at creating room by extending the contract of middle linebacker Zach Thomas and by either releasing or restructuring the contracts of center Tim Ruddy and weak-side linebacker Derrick Rodgers.

No lets hope they use this money wisely, a little more breathing room can only help us. Hey clump or Aqua if this is true where exactly does it put miami as far as the cap you can always believe the paper and you 2 have proven to me you know more about the cap than anybody else posting here

How is that?

Clumped, makes several judegement calls and doesn't know anymore than alot of the Phins posters here. He just thinks he does.

I guarantee you or I could do exactly the same thing, you know why?

He gets his info from the net just like the rest of us. The cap is really not too complex if you know the rules and the rules are easy to find on the net.

I think it is good news for us the cap went up, however, the cap went up for everyone else else as well, enabling some teams who wouldn't have otherwise had any room to add people to now have ample room as well.

See guys. I told you we would have money to work with.

Keep the faith.

Now lets hope we use it wisely

Re: How is that?

Originally posted by Phinstd
Clumped, makes several judegement calls and doesn't know anymore than alot of the Phins posters here. He just thinks he does.

I guarantee you or I could do exactly the same thing, you know why?

He gets his info from the net just like the rest of us. The cap is really not too complex if you know the rules and the rules are easy to find on the net.

I think it is good news for us the cap went up, however, the cap went up for everyone else else as well, enabling some teams who wouldn't have otherwise had any room to add people to now have ample room as well.

I bet you can't.

It takes months and months of research to get an initial cap figures and then you have to tinker with it all the time.

Heck I bet you couldn't find out how much Sam Madison initially signed for, when and for how much he re-structured for and what his roster and work-out bonuses are. That's only one player nevermind 50 others, and IR players, and dead money, etc.

We now have more money, and so does every other team in the league. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it doesn't mean a whole lot to us in terms of buying power since now EVERY team has more money. It just means that prices of players will rise.

Back
Top Bottom