Salary Cap Problems Next Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap Problems Next Year

I think we'll be in good shape. Guys like Ruddy, Bowens, T. Perry, and Gadsen(FA) will be gone. McKnight might be cut (if he has a bad year). Luckily, we'll have young guys like Nails and Mckinney to replace them.

I just don't see the core guys like Sam, ZT, JT, CC, and even RW(I know hes new, but hes going to be important to this team) leaving this team(except for retirement).

Phinstd's comment: "Bills aren't gonna be in cap trouble? Wait till Moulds and Bledsoe contracts start to balloon" is ridiculous

Bledsoe's deal is straight salary. Pats took the amortization hit when he was traded to the Bills AND his contract doesn't balloon until the last couple of seasons that he will not see anyways. His salaries are $4.9 million(2002), $5.5 million(2003), and $6.5 million(2004). That's market value for Pro-Bowl calibur QBs. Moulds contract increases after this season but Bills are presently $15 million UNDER projected 2003 salary cap of $73 million(and that includes both Moulds and Bledsoe AND only one significant UFA LB Newman).......you know nada about the Bills cap

ckparrothead's comment "I would really like to extend both Surtain and Madison" is misinformed because Madison is already signed thru 2007 and Surtain thru 2005.

Presently the Fins are about $2-3 million OVER the projected $73 million in 2003. You have the following UFAs on the OL: OT Brent Smith, G Mark Dixon, G Searcy along with OT Wade scheduled to become UFA in 2004. Not to mention that Ricky will want to re-do his contract. Other 2003 UFAs: WR Gadsden, S Gamble, S Freeman, and FB Konrad among others. While it's entirely possible that some of these players will not be re-signed, they are still contributors and will need to be replaced.

Hey clumped................

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Phinstd's comment: "Bills aren't gonna be in cap trouble? Wait till Moulds and Bledsoe contracts start to balloon" is ridiculous

Bledsoe's deal is straight salary. Pats took the amortization hit when he was traded to the Bills AND his contract doesn't balloon until the last couple of seasons that he will not see anyways. His salaries are $4.9 million(2002), $5.5 million(2003), and $6.5 million(2004). That's market value for Pro-Bowl calibur QBs. Moulds contract increases after this season but Bills are presently $15 million UNDER projected 2003 salary cap of $73 million(and that includes both Moulds and Bledsoe AND only one significant UFA LB Newman).......you know nada about the Bills cap

ckparrothead's comment "I would really like to extend both Surtain and Madison" is misinformed because Madison is already signed thru 2007 and Surtain thru 2005.

Presently the Fins are about $2-3 million OVER the projected $73 million in 2003. You have the following UFAs on the OL: OT Brent Smith, G Mark Dixon, G Searcy along with OT Wade scheduled to become UFA in 2004. Not to mention that Ricky will want to re-do his contract. Other 2003 UFAs: WR Gadsden, S Gamble, S Freeman, and FB Konrad among others. While it's entirely possible that some of these players will not be re-signed, they are still contributors and will need to be replaced.

What's up man?:cool: Good to hear from ya!;)

Originally posted by shawny

You guys are seriously in denial if you think fat man Nails will be of any worth. Salary cap hell us right around the corner. Hahahaha.

Nails had a good camp and preseason game. He lost a lot of weight and could make some things happen this season.

booyeah: as I've said before......there ain't no good chicken wings places down there :lol:

S'up A&Q

When compared to chicken wings from Buffalo, "non Buffalo chicken wings" suck!

There's no worry of the Bills leaving

The point is that by restructuring (i.e. converting salary to bonus), you WILL...are.... in cap problems. Fish are OVER the 2003 cap already and much of the fat cut to get out from under that cap problem this offseason is gone.

Seems to me that Olin Kreutz stayed in Chicago for less money.......not everybody wants to play in Miami

we are 4 mil under right as we speak. and once brent smith gets cut we will have another 1.5! lol.

Only over 2 million for the 2003 cap???? That's fantastic!!!!!! I was worried with Gardener's bighit that it would be much worse. With all of Gardener's salry to spend in the following years we're in great shape!!!!

Ok Buff....Pat Williams not gonna want a bunch of money? What about Antoine Winfield?

Mike Williams contract increases each year as well. My point is this....we are better now, will be better next year and will always be better than the Bills.

How's Bledsoe been since 98 anyway? Oh that's right, nowhere near the "Pro Bowl status" you've acclaimed for him.

Once again, you are wrong. Pat Williams has 3 yrs remaining and Winfield has 2 yrs. When referring to Miami, I'm talkin about 2003 & 2004. Bills will have NO cap problems for the foreseeable future.

Actually, Fins are between $4-5 million over next year and this will change with every player released AND as previously stated, most of your OL will need to be re-signed and/or extended. Wade's cap number next season is only about $700,000......that can only go up if he's re-signed before he becomes a UFA. Ricky Williams' cap number is less than $1 million and how much longer do you supposed he will play with his present contract? BTW: Release of Brent Smith saves only $1.1 million.

Fins will need to use some of that 2002 cap space to extend deals in order to lessen the cap hell in 2003 & 2004, but will NOT avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom