Salary Cap | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap

Cutting Tannehill saves $15M

Interesting you bring this up. Miami won't cut him and I don't expect Miami to trade Tannehill but it wouldn't surprise me. If and only if Miami wants a QB in round one they will need to move up. Trading Tannehill can free up cap space and give a QB needy team ... Cleveland or Denver ... an immediate quality starter. Whatever happens in a few weeks Miami has got to do more than cut Timmons and Thomas and trade Landry.

Interesting you bring this up. Miami won't cut him and I don't expect Miami to trade Tannehill but it wouldn't surprise me. If and only if Miami wants a QB in round one they will need to move up. Trading Tannehill can free up cap space and give a QB needy team ... Cleveland or Denver ... an immediate quality starter. Whatever happens in a few weeks Miami has got to do more than cut Timmons and Thomas and trade Landry.

I understand that we are all Dolphins fans and should be respectful of each other under all circumstances. Keeping that in mind one must be smoking hashish to think that Ryan Tannehill will be cut. If Tannenclown would cut him he better join the witness protection program. #17 is a franchise QB when healthy! He has been surrounded by piss poor personnel his entire career. Surround him with play makers and a stout O-Line you will see a stunning looking QB inmho............

I thought we were like 19mill over the cap. If we can't trade Landry then we'd have to cut Timmons, Thomas and at least one more, either James or Pouncey....then we'd still need money for the draft and probably can't get any free agents and we still need to sign the kicker and the holder among others

Ozzy rules!!

I thought we were like 19mill over the cap. If we can't trade Landry then we'd have to cut Timmons, Thomas and at least one more, either James or Pouncey....then we'd still need money for the draft and probably can't get any free agents and we still need to sign the kicker and the holder among others

Ozzy rules!!

Well if you add in Quinn- that would be 19M.. Thomas, Timmons and James- gets you there or re work of James 9M hit..

Currently $20.3m over cap with the pending Quinn trade according to overthecap.com

Gone:
Julius Thomas - $6.6m, no dead money

High Likelihood:
Lawerence Timmons - $5.5m, $2.75m dead money
Ja'Waun James - $9.3m, no dead money
Jarvis Landry - $16.2m, no dead money

50/50:
Mike Pouncey - $7m, $2m dead money
Cam Wake - $8.1m, $500k dead money

cap situation is not ideal but there is plenty of ways to get under it. if we are able to keep Landry things are going to be interesting though.

Currently $20.3m over cap with the pending Quinn trade according to overthecap.com

Gone:

High Likelihood:

50/50:

cap situation is not ideal but there is plenty of ways to get under it. if we are able to keep Landry things are going to be interesting though.
if we don't trade Landry we are truly ****ed. Keep on mind we still need money for the draft and a couple of free agents

Ozzy rules!!

if we don't trade Landry we are truly ****ed. Keep on mind we still need money for the draft and a couple of free agents

Ozzy rules!!

It will be okay... push comes to shove you can do a restructure - although would rather not except possibly Wake.

Most likely Landry is moved.

Gone:

High Likelihood:

50/50:

That Cam Wake situation doesn't look good at all, a shame,.......one of the Dolphins all around good guys and a great player.

it is relatively easy to fully guarantee a good player's salary and therefore spread it out over the life of that player's contract to clear space.

even easier when you are in an advantageous cap situation down the road (as I believe we are currently projected to be +/- $63 million under the cap in 2019).

Back
Top Bottom