Salguero-Chris Chambers to remain with Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero-Chris Chambers to remain with Dolphins

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I believe with certainty that Chambers, who is always healthy, who works hard to succeed, who is a good representative of the team off the field, deserves a chance to play in an NFL system that isn't hamstrung by bad quarterbacking or play-calling or, even bad coordinating.

Will he still drop some passes? Probably.

But will he be frustratingly maringalized because other teams roll coverages to him and the Dolphins don't do anything to counter? No

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/

I think he has identified the problem correctly.He is a durable WR who IMO could be utilized more effectively as a slot receiver rather than as a No 1 WR.

He hasnt been helped by the parade of ineffective QBs and OCs during his career.

His salary is a little rich for a slot receiver but I am sure adjustments will be made.

IMO Cam will want to hang on to him and utilize his talents more effectively.
What do you think ?

I think Salguero owes CK some sort of compensation ;) In all seriousness though, Chambers is one of the best receivers coming out of the slot, and is going to be one of our primary options in the coming year. I still don't think he's worth 7.3 million, but if we call his number we'll get production.

I agree give him a QB that can get the ball to him consistently, one more year just like CPep

Just his opinion.He cant guarentee Chamber wont be released. He doesnt know what might happen say if we sign Stallworth. Tommrrow will be a very interesting day, Stallworth will be visiting. Chambers can stay but he has to take a paycut or goodbye.

No suprise, getting rid of Chambers would make absoultely no sense. Thanks for the link crunchtime.

Chambers won't have to play the slot so much if there is another threat opposite him at WR. He only plays the slot to keep defenses from rolling coverages his way or to stay away from double teams.

He may not be an elite WR but with the exception of last year, had been far and away our best WR having improved his receptions every year.

I agree with 100% and so do others who defend him in the 1 billion threads about Chambers. It's funny to see people in the media (I didn't say expert!) repeat things we have said.

That said, I give chambers one year. He's my favorite player on the team but I'm still a dolphins fan first and foremost he needs to come on this year.

Chambers is still the best reciever on the team, now that
Welker is gone, he stays healthy and plays every week, until Hagan becomes the number 1 option.

Cpep to Moss was sweet.Cpep to Chambers might never happen again.Cpep is injure still and rehabing. Chambers still might get cut. Salguero was just giving his opinion. This thred should be named Salguero thinks Chambers is staying, not Chambers will stay.

Back
Top Bottom