Sam Eguavoen Focused On Being The Best He Can Be | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Eguavoen Focused On Being The Best He Can Be

The biggest surprise so far in Dolphins camp and other lineup developments

▪ Biggest surprise of the first two days of training camp?

Seeing former Canadian Football League linebacker Samuel Eguavoen on the field at the start of team drills, alongside the other starters, with Raekwon McMillan on the bench.

McMillan finally got some first-team work in the second half of Friday’s practice, and it’s still difficult to envision him not playing a lot on first and second down on this team.

But third down is another story. One reason McMillan was on the bench to open team drills the first two days of camp was because Miami opened in a nickel package with only two linebackers (Jerome Baker and Eguavoen) and five defensive backs, and McMillan’s pass coverage is considered his shortcoming.

Kiko Alonso was also off the field in those opening-snap lineups in team drills Thursday and Friday.

But McMillan knows he must improve in pass coverage to fulfill his career goal of being an every-down linebacker.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article232388547.html

If he makes the squad and pairs well with Baker we may be stronger at LB than most think.... A$$ U ME these 2 light it up... what impact will that have on our front 7?

The biggest surprise so far in Dolphins camp and other lineup developments

▪ Biggest surprise of the first two days of training camp?

Seeing former Canadian Football League linebacker Samuel Eguavoen on the field at the start of team drills, alongside the other starters, with Raekwon McMillan on the bench.

McMillan finally got some first-team work in the second half of Friday’s practice, and it’s still difficult to envision him not playing a lot on first and second down on this team.

But third down is another story. One reason McMillan was on the bench to open team drills the first two days of camp was because Miami opened in a nickel package with only two linebackers (Jerome Baker and Eguavoen) and five defensive backs, and McMillan’s pass coverage is considered his shortcoming.

Kiko Alonso was also off the field in those opening-snap lineups in team drills Thursday and Friday.

But McMillan knows he must improve in pass coverage to fulfill his career goal of being an every-down linebacker.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article232388547.html

Jackson’s bringing it. Per usual. I like how he breaks down who’s getting reps where.

Some take aways. Raekwon 2 down. Minkah slot. Mccain starting free. Rowe boundary. Wilkins starting.

Minkah in the slot? Smdh I know that’s where he starred in college but if that’s where we’re going to play him than I’d rather have drafted a James or LVE. As far a Bobby McCain at FS, I don’t want him on the field at all little less completely out of position at FS. I may have to record the games and fast forward when we’re on defense if this is the case. That’ll yield less swear words for my kids to hear.

I think minkahs gonna move around based on package. But it does sound like rowe may be the starting boundary

Impressive kid!

I think we found a winner with him...

I think minkahs gonna move around based on package. But it does sound like rowe may be the starting boundary

I think we may actually see that "chess piece" they mentioned last year, but never actually used.

Back
Top Bottom