Sam Simmons will make the team this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Simmons will make the team this year

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Sam Simmons will make the team this year over Jr Tolver.

Sam Simmons has played the best out there in camp and while Jr. Tolver is good as well. Simmons makes a lot of catches on traffic and he will likely be ahead of JR. Tolver. Simmons is playing out there like he should make every catch thrown to him and if he goes out there on the field, he will play big for us. I don't want to say this but the way he is making those catches make me think that this guy is playing at a higher intensity than any of our starters. He's been a reception machine during training camp as well...

moving on...

To be honest, I really want to see chambers to get it on this coming season. He needs to become productive. We need him to make big catches in crucial times and to be our receiving star. If he doesn't play on game time like he should then he will have his job challenged next year by these young guys. He is our star receiver but yesterday's drop pass was awful.

I am not bashing chambers but he needs to take this year differently and play with the intensity for example... of Simmons. He can catch the ball real well inside and outside, middle. He is our most improved player to say and he busted his *** off this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
the injury to Oronde Gadsden was a blessing for Sam Simmons, if Gadsden is out of the picture, the recieving corps may look like this....

1) chambers
2) Thompson
3) McKnight
4) Simmons
5) Tolver

JR Tolver will make it ahead of Simmons. More Norv's type of receiver.

The injury to Gadsden indirectly gave sam simmons a chance to make this roster. We all know that when Dave Wann. has a tough choice to make on players it's not always the right one.

Doesn't matter. They will both get about the same amount of playing time. Bye-bye OG!

I believe Simmons makes catches anywhere. Plus we need to see these guys playing a regular season game so we can judge on them better. Tolver needs to learn the offense more but Simmons has made most of the catches that he has been thrown. He also has the speed to get down the field and the speed to get by defenders in the middle. Tolver and Simmons are toe to toe but Tolver is more of a posession receiver. People in here have been saying Tolver this and Tolver that so I see that you guys like tolver but Simmons has busted his *** through camp and shown what hecan do and htat has impressed me.

Hmmm about playing in Norvs Offense, I say if you want to keep the chain moving then you would need to have some good possesion receivers. Simmons and Tolver have made catches in tough spots during practice, scrimmage and Friday's game. What I like about simmons is how he gets away from defenders and uses his smaller frame and speed to make catches. He is good running routes as well. Tolver is pretty much a receiver that runs his routes well and reacts well to the ball when its in the air. His speed lacks but he can sure hell catch every ball thrown to him. H gets good spacing between his defenders as well. I don't think its about if one is fits better than another in norv turners defense because a wide receiver is a wide receiver. As long as Norv's Wide Receivers make plays, it makes us sell against the running game a lot better.

Norv likes tall possession guys. Norv recruited Tolver himself.

Yea, the only reason why Tolver is with us is because Norv got his *** out of here and knew we can get him later in the draft. Although both of these guys have shown agressiveness out there, they need some more playing time.

Originally posted by luvmeister
Norv likes tall possession guys. Norv recruited Tolver himself.

Yes. I read that too..

JuniorSeau I already know who you are ;)

But Simmons IMO (You are hearing it here first) will not make the team unless we keep 6 WRs which I doubt. OG will make this team on reputation alone, and Tolver will make it as well. It will go like this

1) CC
2) DT
3) J-Mac
4) OG
5) J.R.
6) Simmons (If we decide to go with 6)

If he doesn't make team, he will ho to practice squad.

Originally posted by Prime Time
OG will make this team on reputation alone

LOL. Come on man, give it up. Every WR thread you say that Gadsden WILL make this team. He's 15 pounds fatter, always hurt, & the slowest WR on the team. He's GGGGGGONE! Admit it, Simmons came to play this year.. OG came to sit his *** on the bench, HURT. Like always.

Back
Top Bottom