Sam Simmons will make the team this year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Simmons will make the team this year

Originally posted by luvmeister
Norv likes tall possession guys. Norv recruited Tolver himself.

I take it you never saw Kelvin Martin play then huh. Norv likes smaller, quicker wideouts to play the slot. Mcknight will serve as cover, should either of the starters go down, but I would make a wager that barring injuries, by seasons end, Sam Simmons will have more catches than James McKnight and will be third leading reciever among the WR's.

Originally posted by Prime Time
JuniorSeau I already know who you are ;)

But Simmons IMO (You are hearing it here first) will not make the team unless we keep 6 WRs which I doubt. OG will make this team on reputation alone, and Tolver will make it as well. It will go like this

1) CC
2) DT
3) J-Mac
4) OG
5) J.R. B
6) Simmons (If we decide to go with 6)

If he doesn't make team, he will ho to practice squad.

Honestly.. i like OG and always have. With that being said... if the dolphins cut a young promising receiver like Simmons for an older wore down Gadsden... i will be HIGHLY pissed off and it will be a huge mistake. Simmons was on the practice sqad all last year and worked hard to be where he is now. OG held ransom.. didnt work out at all the whole offseason because he was too worried about money and then gets hurt as soon as he comes back because he was so out of shape. I hate to say it but the guy is just going to get hurt again and it would be a waste to put Simmons back on the practice squad. That guy deserves a roster spot.. before Tolver in my opinion.

As ive been saying for weeks.. this is how it will be..
1. Chambers
2. Thompson
3. McKnight
4. Simmons
5. Tolver.

Bet on it.

How much will you wager? That's a sucker bet, SS probably only gets to the PS. Also, what's the investment bewteen Tolver and Simmons? I think that your impression of this player is clouding your judgment a bit. And I LIKE Simmons. Between Simmons and OG, if/when he returns? SIMMONS.

I think by the end of preseason Tolver will have established himself as the 4. I like Sam as the 5 over OG, Kackson, Bellamy, etc.

How much will you wager?

Think of an interestíng bet then. I have the courage of my. convictions :)

What the hell does courage of convictions mean?

$100 is interesting.

What I meant by an 'interesting bet' is more along the lines of some silly things with avatars...or similar. Making financial bets is probably not a good idea......besides, should it come to me having to honor the bet, as a student I can't garantee payment (all my money is being saved for my masters degree).

PS....Do you mean that you don't understand the expression "having the courage of ones convictions"...or do you mean that you don't understand it within this context??

Neither has great upside. Tolver just is a better possession receiver, while Simmons is a slot guy.

What the hell does courage of convictions mean?

$100 is interesting.

Man your going to go down hard. Simmons is ALREADY ahead of Tolver on the depth chart so you'd already have lost.

Simmons is also getting work in the slot and would be the 3rd WR if any WR went down.

Your a sucker offering that bet.

Tolver is going to need a year getting up to speed while Simmons already spent a year on the practice squad.

Back
Top Bottom