Same Preseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Same Preseason

Phinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why are we playing all but one of the same teams as last year. IMO I would rather play someone good so we can judge our players against someone better than teams that went 8-8, 7-9, and two teams that went 5-11. Granted most of them have made some improvements but why can't we play a team that we lost to last year, or perhaps teams that went .500 or better (other than the one.) I think playing crappy teams gives us a false sense of security even though it is just preseason.

they won't be playing their top players much anyways.

Ya but at least we would see the depth of our team. I know they won't play their starters for more than one quarter, but one quarter could be enough. And you gotta think there backups are possibly/probably better then these other teams starters. :)

I tend to think they keep the preseason slate to the region to cut down on transportation costs and travel. That explains why every year it is Tampa, Jacksonville, New Orleans, etc. I'm surprised we have Washington instead of Atlanta or Carolina like in years past. I just don't think they see sending us to Seattle or San Diego as efficient during the preseason. This is the way I've always kind of felt about why they keep things to a minimum in terms of travel and to build on rivalries to play against in-state and regional teams. Any thoughts?

It's just a chance to kick it with another team, work on some things that you practice in TC and let some hitting take place before the real season starts, doesn't matter who we practice against, since they're not playing as thought the game counted, so it's not too intense.

Originally posted by Phinz
Why are we playing all but one of the same teams as last year. IMO I would rather play someone good so we can judge our players against someone better than teams that went 8-8, 7-9, and two teams that went 5-11. Granted most of them have made some improvements but why can't we play a team that we lost to last year, or perhaps teams that went .500 or better (other than the one.) I think playing crappy teams gives us a false sense of security even though it is just preseason.

Pretty much logistics and cost, i imagine.

Back
Top Bottom