Sammy Knight converted to free safety??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sammy Knight converted to free safety???

I still can't believe our starting DEs are both faster than our starting SS. I still hope we get a replacement SS and go with youth, speed, and potential over what we had last year.

Bod..I agree with you...I got a little worried with the talk of signing him to a long-term contract. I hope we will be wait on that until after next season when we see if Antuan works out and who we draft this and next year to replace Knight...He is adquate, perhaps with a more athletic FS, like Freeman or Antuan, his lack of speed won't hurt us as much as last year with both safeties being slow.

Originally posted by LarryFinFan
Bod..I agree with you...I got a little worried with the talk of signing him to a long-term contract. I hope we will be wait on that until after next season when we see if Antuan works out and who we draft this and next year to replace Knight...He is adquate, perhaps with a more athletic FS, like Freeman or Antuan, his lack of speed won't hurt us as much as last year with both safeties being slow.

Keep in mind Knight is young (27) and last year was his first year playing in our secondary. I wont be surprised if Sammy has a great year this year. Last year wasnt a bad year for him, but it also wasnt the quality year he'd been having in New Orleans.

He's a great leader and player. By far the best Safety on our roster....IMO

I'm also hoping to see Y. Bell emerge soon as our next FS

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Keep in mind Knight is young (27) and last year was his first year playing in our secondary. I wont be surprised if Sammy has a great year this year. Last year wasnt a bad year for him, but it also wasnt the quality year he'd been having in New Orleans.

He's a great leader and player. By far the best Safety on our roster....IMO

I'm also hoping to see Y. Bell emerge soon as our next FS

I too would like to see Bell come into his own, however I would LOVE to see the guy from Purdue. Sammy will be vastly improved this year and last year was till the best SS result I have seen in years. I hope Sammy is here fom Many years to come......unless Sanders falls to us in the 3rd;)

Knight is a pure SS, and Freeman is a pure FS. It would be stupid to play Freeman at SS and Knight at FS. It just makes no sense. I think the article is wrong.

Yeah waz up,,,we dont need to replace sammy knight,,,hes one of the hardest hitters on our defense,the only position in worry is free safety and i know knight isnt moving to free saftey,,,that would be an absolute dumb move on wannny and jim bates part.

I wonder if wanny is also gonna let yerimiah bell have a fair shot at competing for the free saftey position?

knowing wanny..probally not

I like Knight and was a big supporter of signing him last year. Actually, at one point someone asked me point blank, if you had to sign Seau or Knight, who would you pick? I said Knight, and I stand by that. I am not sure he is the perfect fit for our defense, but he is so good that he can adjust his game. He has great instincts and can hit with the best of them. I don't see the point of him switching positions at all. I think having a speedy FS back there could nenefit him greatly.

Knight actually started out as a free safety. I think he had 7 or 8 picks his first year at free safety. I believe he played 2 years at free safety, then moved to strong safety after we lost chad cota....So he can play the position. That being said, I think he's better suited for strong safety.

Thats a great point SAMPHIN i think knight is good enough to adjust his game and haveing a speedy FS such as antuan edwards would benefit knight a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom