Sammy Knight Gets INT In First Session As Phin/Arturo entering camp as the starter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sammy Knight Gets INT In First Session As Phin/Arturo entering camp as the starter

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

If you're a man and your wife likes another man and you want her to be happy, would you take a demotion ?
:cool:

In that case, I'd sneak up on them in a restaurant and take a chair to the guy's cranium if he tried to start something. Then I'd tell that b*tch, for the last time, "We're leaving".

another Sammy article

Study paying off for Knight

35474226844-1.jpg

''I came by about 5 o'clock and there was only one guy in here looking at tape, studying, and it was him,'' Wannstedt said, referring to Knight.
if all the DB or at least S start seing who can study film more the whole 2ndary will benefit...like y'all said "competition is good" especially since Freeman is not the only one looking over his shoulder
Wannstedt said he expects Knight to compete with Freeman and free safety Brock Marion for a starting job.

Man I am going to miss Knight. I have no idea what the Saints were thinking not keeping that guy. I don't know if you guys have read much on the Saints message boards, but its split between people thinking he is too slow and would rather have some 2nd year guy instead of a pro bowl safety, and the rest of us who know Knight was the best defensive player on the Saints the last couple of years.

What can you guys tell me about Rodgers?

Enjoy the INTs. :)

Man, this situation couldn't be more perfect if you ask me. Knight and the veteran Marion with a young player with experience at BOTH positions backs them up? Good depth with great starters. Plus, Marion's contract blows up next year which means he is most likely gone and Freeman slips into his natural free safety spot. Hopefully this works out without probles arising as ck pointed ut.

sidenote: I thought Tolver didn't drop balls? I suppose tipping it to the defense doesn't constitute a drop though does it? :lol: In all fairness, if I saw Sammy Knight bearing down on me, even without pads, I probably would have crapped myself in addition to losing the ball.

Originally posted by tomwaits
Man I am going to miss Knight. I have no idea what the Saints were thinking not keeping that guy. I don't know if you guys have read much on the Saints message boards, but its split between people thinking he is too slow and would rather have some 2nd year guy instead of a pro bowl safety, and the rest of us who know Knight was the best defensive player on the Saints the last couple of years.

Rodgers is average. Don't expect him to improve your team or anything.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Rodgers is average. Don't expect him to improve your team or anything.

I don't think you understand how bad the Saints defense was last year. They allowed 20 points in all but 1 game! and somehow lost that 1 game.

An average player might help a lot.

Rodgers played real well in some stretches last year. He's adequate, the only knock on him is that he does not make any Impact Plays. But I would assume him going back hom and what his went through this off-season should motivate him to have his best year..

The only person who thinks Freeman will start over Knight is Rosenhaus. Freeman even knows he is going to be on the bench

I don't think you understand how bad the Saints defense was last year. They allowed 20 points in all but 1 game! and somehow lost that 1 game.

An average player might help a lot.

Rodgers never makes the big play and occasionally gives it up. He could be a sarter for a team shallow at OLB.

As for Knight/Freeman, I'm all for competition but it's safe to say Knight will win the starter's job.

Rodgers was an excellent blitzer in college and in his first season in Miami he had some sacks (I don't recall how many but it was enough that he was considered for Defensive rookie of the year honors, he may have even won one). He was a defensive captain and seems to be a good teammate. After his first season, Miami didn't use him as a blitzer and his big plays dissappeared. He is avg. or maybe a little better in coverage. His run support last was rather poor. The Dolphins gave up lots of runs on the edges (primarily to his side). His job was to force the RB back inside to Zach and he failed repeatedly. N.O blitzes their OLB more, if I remember correctly, this fits Rodgers skills. Who knows maybe Rodgers will blow up and get like 10 sacks and make the probowl for you guys. That 7th you traded becomes a 1st then right? :D

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

If you're a man and your wife likes another man and you want her to be happy, would you take a demotion ?
:cool:

Hell NO!

Knight and Freeman should play their asses off and hate each other until the decision is made, then they should hate each other worse and try to steal their position back!

Arturo entering camp as the starter...

Dolphins | Competition at Safety
Thu, 29 May 2003 06:39:32 -0700

Dolphins | Competition at Safety The Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins S Sammy Knight will challenge last year's starting safeties Brock Marion and Arturo Freeman for a starting role. Head coach Dave Wannstedt said Marion and Freeman will enter training camp as the starters and that he would likely carry five safeties, but could also carry an extra linebacker. The team expects six players to compete for the final two roster spots at the position.

------------------------------------------

Arturo is good, but I definetly think Sammy is going to get the starting job. Does anyone think differently? I've heard a few times from people that they think Freeman is better then Knight.

People who think Arturo is better than Knight:

a) Drew Rosenhaus (his agent)
b) Arturo's family
c) Arturo Freeman

Knight will definitely win this job.

Back
Top Bottom