Sammy Knight update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sammy Knight update

OG54

Starter
Reaction score
the last thread went into another direction. what is the word on signing knight? does anyone have a time frame? anyone know how much money is on the table?

The minimum..If wants a championship and the opportunity to showcase his skills in front of a national audience for a big contract next year, he will sign with us.. Dave has gone on record to say that he's spoken to him and told him that he really wants him on this team and if he does sign and play well we will take care of him next year..

Hopefully he is on his way...surfing his way over here:surf: lol. I just wanted to have a reason to use the new smiley. Yeah plus he wants to play in warm weather. Plus he knows we will take care of him next year.

Packers Eyeing Knight --

The Miami Herald reports free-agent SS Sammy Knight has received interest from the Green Bay Packers, who apparently are more willing than the Dolphins to meet his asking price of approximately $1.5 million a year on a long-term deal, according to a source within the NFL Players Association. The Dolphins have not made an official offer to Knight, but HC Dave Wannstedt said the team can only offer a contract that fits into Miami's salary cap.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Yeah plus he wants to play in warm weather
:rolleyes:

sorry, this is just a lame excuse on why he WOULDNT sign with the Packers. If you would like we can rehash on the FA's from the southern half of this country..that have signed with northern teams.

But think about this for a minute. If you are rich as hell anyway and never have to worry about money again and could choose to live in cold as balls Greenbay or sunny Miami where would you go?

By the way the Pack is my second favorite team

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolphin_Fan
But think about this for a minute. If you are rich as hell anyway and never have to worry about money again and could choose to live in cold as balls Greenbay or sunny Maimi where would you go?

By the way the Pack is my second favorite team

Dont forget the No State tax advantage

NFL.com says "Dolphins defense bolstered by Knight"
when I click on the link it simply states MIAMI has made an offer.
UGGGGGHHHH!

Originally posted by knoxpk
NFL.com says "Dolphins defense bolstered by Knight"
when I click on the link it simply states MIAMI has made an offer.
UGGGGGHHHH!

LOL, yeah man. I went there about an hour ago and when I saw that I was so happy. Then I saw it was just the contract offer crap. Boy, they need new writers there. Dolphins Defense Bolstered By Knight should mean he's actually on our team now. Bad title. But then again the fact that NFL.Com would have news before ESPN and like 100 other better sites, would surprise me..

Wow did'nt know that Flordia had no income tax! I live in Virginia and I pay around ten percent in state tax and I don't make alot so even if he payed only ten he would save at least $75000 or more right? If he was to get the $1.5 million then it would be alot more but I don't think that will happen.

So does he put pen to paper or does he wave it around to bait other teams?

I cant stand it..SIGN SAMMY SIGN!!:jumper:

Our defense would be expectacular! I said it in another thread...he will sign LATEST...Friday.

I hope your right D2K2. I've spoken with some people and I don't think it's going to get done. I think he's going to Green Bay. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Migs182005
I hope your right D2K2. I've spoken with some people and I don't think it's going to get done. I think he's going to Green Bay. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Same here.. :(

Back
Top Bottom