San Diego Tackle Vaughn Parker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Diego Tackle Vaughn Parker

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
With the progress of Todd Wade's contract at a stand still.....

"San Diego tackle Vaughn Parker has interest in signing with the Dolphins after his imminent release from the Chargers, agent Lee Kolligan said.

A 10-year veteran with 107 starts, Parker will be released from the Chargers today after refusing to accept a pay cut."

Skolnick is providing some finformation at the end of this article.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ar02,0,1058208.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Well, it always seems good to get guys who would openly admit to wanting to play with us. Anyone have any stats on this guy? I am way too lazy to look them up myself? I would like to know if he is more of a pass blocker or run blocker, how many sacks he has given up over the years, injury report and a couple of other things anyone can dig up. Nothing huge, just some quick hits is all.

It said in that article that Miami and JAY FIEDLER should be finalizing their restructured deal here pretty quickly. I was under the impression that they were willing to take him back at his current number. I wonder what changed? Perhaps the restructure and not a pay cut?

The thing that bothers me most about Todd Wade is the fact that last season was a contract year for the guy. If it was me, I'd be busting my chops to play as dominate as I could, knowing that millions of dollars were on the line. Millions of dollars!

Instead, he was what? Average to good last year? When he had every reason to play his very best?

Now he wants $5 mil/year and a $10 mil signing bonus for being a little above average? This is a joke, right?

I'd be willing to take a chance on an old vet like Parker before ever showing T. Wade that kind of money. At the very least the FO needs to use Parker as leverage to get Wade down to about $3 mil/year and maybe $6 mil signing bonus. Still more than he earned, but that is the NFL these days.

Career Offensive Line Stats
Year Team G GS Pen Yds False Start Holding Sacks Allwd Yds

1994 SD....6...0....0.....0...........0............0.........0.00.........0.00

1995 SD...15..7....1.... 5...........1............0.........1.50.......15.00

1996 SD...16..16..6.....52.........1............3.........4.25.......45.25

1997 SD...16..16..16...100.......8............3.........6.00.......39.00

1998 SD.....6....6...3....25.........0............3.........3.00.......29.00

1999 SD...15..15...8....70.........3............4.........4.25.......30.50

2000 SD...16..15...9....68.........5............2........10.50......44.00

2001 SD...16..16...5....30.........4............1..........2.50......26.00

2002 SD...12..12...3....15.........3............0..........2.00......16.00

2003 SD.....3...3....1.....5..........1............0..........0.00........0.00

just a few stats, not sure about run blocking though

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Vaughn Parker is from Buffalo

:foundout:

so your saying teh cold wouldnt bother him in a dolphins uni?

Parker got beat out for a starting job on a line that's in bad shape. He's probably a good depth signing, or training camp competition if we can't sign a front-line starter, but I wouldn't bring him in and hand him the job.

Hate to say it, but Wade's agent is playing this smart. There aren't many alternatives out there (as evidenced by the fact that were talking about second-rate guys like Vaughn Parker), and he's in a position to get Todd a major payday. If he's being intractable in negotiations...well, it's because he CAN. If we don't give Wade 5 years and $25 million, someone else will for sure. I'd be surprised if he comes down much from that figure, if at all.

Originally posted by phunwin
Parker got beat out for a starting job on a line that's in bad shape. He's probably a good depth signing, or training camp competition if we can't sign a front-line starter, but I wouldn't bring him in and hand him the job.

Hate to say it, but Wade's agent is playing this smart. There aren't many alternatives out there (as evidenced by the fact that were talking about second-rate guys like Vaughn Parker), and he's in a position to get Todd a major payday. If he's being intractable in negotiations...well, it's because he CAN. If we don't give Wade 5 years and $25 million, someone else will for sure. I'd be surprised if he comes down much from that figure, if at all.

:allhail:

Here's his TSN run down(Before this season).

Assets- Tough, reliable. Good strength and leverage. Doesn't make many mistakes. Has played left tackle and held his own.

Flaws- Doesnt excel in any areas. Short and slow-footed for a tackle. Not a mean, brawling blocker.

Career Potential- Very good starter.

6'3" 300 lbs., 32 years old.

I think we've found our short term replacement to Todd Wade, folks.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
I think we've found our short term replacement to Todd Wade, folks.

You are the anti-christ.

:lol:

I don't think we'll go after Parker. At least not at first but is posible that after the draft we could take a look at him if we need to.

Ozzy rules!!

Parker's a good candidate for backup swing tackle which we currently need...however, he's by no means a guy that should be seriously considered to replace Todd Wade. If negotiations really break down expect Miami to try to make a run at Tait...who is transitioned but will definitely listen to offers and is as worth the big contract as Damien Woody would be if not more because he plays a more valuable position.

Put that checkbook away CK.

Tait's good but he ain't that good. :D

I'm sure you were not thinking that 6 million a year range though were you?

I'd rather have his teammate Damien McIntosh

Back
Top Bottom