San Diego to take Rivers at #4? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Diego to take Rivers at #4?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Another board I frequent, (Football Boards at IGN) is abuzz about San Diego getting Giants' pick and drafting Rivers with it.. I am not exactly sure where they heard it, but it appears to have been said on some tv program.. Anyone heard anything on this?

Well you can tell it's close to the draft with all the rumors swirling. This particular one about the Chargers dropping to get Rivers probably started with this Peter King article Chargers & Rivers . Personally I think 4 might be a little too high for Rivers but whatever...it's their pick not ours.

Well, if that is true, Spielman looks like a genius pulling the trigger on Feeley while he still could.. If he didnt.. we would have been stuck with Fiedler and.. NOONE.. or Losman.. but noone is real big on Losman.

rivers at 4? and i thought gas prices were too high!

I like Rivers but taking him at #4 is a major reach. I think that if the Chargers trade down with the Giants and get the #4 pick, they will trade down again and then take Rivers. It would be stupid to take Rivers at #4 knowing that he would be available a few spots later.

Ya.. they should trade the 4 to the texans and take him at 10.. that would be perfect for them.. and the Texans would take Taylor.

I love Grove too but for some reason people do not believe the center position to be as vital as the rt spot.dolfanreal69

Ok explain to me why you feel the Center position is not the most vital position on the O-line. I will tell you this much i know for a fact the center is . RT is important no doubt. But lots easier to fill than a good center,who Btw makes all the protection calls and blocking shifts. DOLFANREAL69:sleep:

Originally posted by dodge
rivers at 4? and i thought gas prices were too high!

Well, somebody's high, anyway, if San Diego takes Rivers at 4.

AJ Smith -->:bong:

69, I like Grove too, and would be excited to get him, but he would not be helping us much in his rook season...He is not at the same level of talent as Andrews, Carey, or even Smiley at their positions. There has to be consideration to put St. Clair back in at center, where he was an All-Amer in college...that is if McK can't get the line calls down. His play is not what has been holding him back, it has been the line calls...I'd still rather us take a pure G, like Smiley than another center...

Back
Top Bottom