San Francisco 49ers Great Dwight Clark Dies At Age 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Francisco 49ers Great Dwight Clark Dies At Age 61

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...co-49ers-great-dwight-clark-dies-at-age-of-61

San Francisco 49ers legend Dwight Clark passed away Monday at the age of 61, his family confirmed. An All Pro and two-time Super Bowl champion, Clark was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease, in March of 2017.

"The San Francisco 49ers family has suffered a tremendous loss today with the passing of Dwight Clark," the team announced in a statement. "We extend our condolences and prayers to Dwight's wife, Kelly, his family, friends and fans, as we join together to mourn the death of one the most beloved figures in 49ers history.

May he rest in peace.

Sad to hear. SI had a niece piece in their last issue where several former Niners gathered to be with him. 61is way too young to die! RIP #87

That sucks

Still one of my most memorable Super Bowl catches

tumblr_nhzfsq7BMz1ra4fs2o1_400.gif

You knew it wasn't far off when they had Dwight Clark day last season (losing to the Cowboys ... ouch) and then the old owner flew a bunch of people out to see him. He had a nice job with the 9ers until recently. This all happened so fast.

It's pretty cool that he got drafted because of impressing Bill Walsh when he called to talk to his roommate. 10th round pick to HOF. Not too shabby.

RIP Dwight.

You knew it wasn't far off when they had Dwight Clark day last season (losing to the Cowboys ... ouch) and then the old owner flew a bunch of people out to see him. He had a nice job with the 9ers until recently. This all happened so fast.

It's pretty cool that he got drafted because of impressing Bill Walsh when he called to talk to his roommate. 10th round pick to HOF. Not too shabby.

RIP Dwight.

Great player great catch....not a hall of famer.

Great player great catch....not a hall of famer.

Just went back and looked at the stats. Only 1 1000 yard season. Wow. Before my time so I always assumed he was the 9er WR great pre Rice because of all the pub that play gets. Bunch of TDs but not close to the yardage I thought.

3 times in 2 days. I'm off.

Just went back and looked at the stats. Only 1 1000 yard season. Wow. Before my time so I always assumed he was the 9er WR great pre Rice because of all the pub that play gets. Bunch of TDs but not close to the yardage I thought.

3 times in 2 days. I'm off.
I do think his status was elevated due to that catch in that particular moment. He was a really good WR though Freddie Solomon was more dangerous (of course we had Freddie and traded him to SF). Still, w those two guys plus TE Russ Francis and two backs who could catch (Tyler and Craig) they ran a very difficult to defend short passing game / controlled offense.

Sad about Dwight. 61 is young.

Back
Top Bottom