sanchez named starter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

ihatethejets09

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
man im so glad they named sanchez the starter I love that porter, taylor, and wake will have a sacrificial lamb to hit. I believe this rookie will will allow our secondary show their ball skills being that there should be a bunch of rushed passes and hopefully we can get some pick 6's

Welcome to the Doom Zone Sanchez...now you'll find out why you'll be afraid. The Miami Dolphins are eager to meet you.

I have mentioned on this board about seeing a lot of USC games, and I have criticized Sanchez as not being ready for the pressure that NFL defenses generate. He showed he is a rookie by the two interceptions he threw, but Mike Martz has an excellent point about the touchdown throw he made versus Baltimore. The term used was "bent back the receivers route". The term refers to a placement of the ball that influences the receiver via his desire to catch the ball into a route correction that achieves success that was not otherwise possible. This is a skill seen in an elite NFL QB. Our defense can take advantage of his inexperience, but he is demonstrating some serious NFL level talent.

Mike Martz has an excellent point about the touchdown throw he made versus Baltimore. The term used was "bent back the receivers route". The term refers to a placement of the ball that influences the receiver via his desire to catch the ball into a route correction that achieves success that was not otherwise possible. This is a skill seen in an elite NFL QB. Our defense can take advantage of his inexperience, but he is demonstrating some serious NFL level talent.

for all we know, it was a lucky throw and just worked out. where was this pass/route bending skill before that play? he nearly threw two pick-6 on his first two passes. lol. and that was preseason, wait until people get really serious.

he looks like he'll be a decent QB, but probably not for a while. this first year will be rough. people say Miami has no receivers? Who the hell do the Jets have besides Cotchery? Stuckey? ... don't see it.

You are absolutely right, I can't get that game out of my mind, it's been a torture really.

I was incredibly sick that day and the only bright spot was seeing the Jets get pummeled to the ground. So I figured since the score was so high, I'll take the rest that I sorely needed. I woke up the next day, and to my astonishment, I saw the score. Needless to say, I got sick all over again! Man, I hate the Jets!

I have mentioned on this board about seeing a lot of USC games, and I have criticized Sanchez as not being ready for the pressure that NFL defenses generate. He showed he is a rookie by the two interceptions he threw, but Mike Martz has an excellent point about the touchdown throw he made versus Baltimore. The term used was "bent back the receivers route". The term refers to a placement of the ball that influences the receiver via his desire to catch the ball into a route correction that achieves success that was not otherwise possible. This is a skill seen in an elite NFL QB. Our defense can take advantage of his inexperience, but he is demonstrating some serious NFL level talent.

Sanchez threw 2 touchdowns one to a hb guarded by a 2nd string LB in a confused blown d-fense coverage and 1 to a 300 lb plus D lineman ya real nfl level talent

the Jets are playing @ Houston, but i can think of worse OLs than the Jets'. Buffalo for one

The Jets' line reminds me of the Vikings' line. Excellent run blocking and pretty damn poor pass protection.

Keep in mind that pass protection and run blocking are really quite different.

I was incredibly sick that day and the only bright spot was seeing the Jets get pummeled to the ground. So I figured since the score was so high, I'll take the rest that I sorely needed. I woke up the next day, and to my astonishment, I saw the score. Needless to say, I got sick all over again! Man, I hate the Jets!

I feel your pain man, I think if Zach Thomas didn't get injured we would have won because they kept exploiting the middle of the field with the tight ends in the 2nd half.

This is one of the rare times I can't fault Ryan and his usually buffoonish behavior.

I look at it this way.. if you've just swallowed a couple of blue pills, are sitting in the bar when the last call is announced and all you've got left to choose from is Joan Rivers or Kelly Osbourne.. when that's what the choice comes down to, you gotta go with youth.

2mcajqp-1.jpg

You're joking right? Elite? That RB was being covered by a LB who didn't even look back at the ball. Elite??? Kyle Orton could've completed that pass.. Hardly elite. It's a throw EVERY QB should make. nothing elite about it. Mike Martz is drinking the kool aid on Sanchez. Oh he may develop into a decent QB, but seasons like Joe Flacco had.. (Which was hardly pro bowl cailbre) or more impressively the season Matt Ryan had are anomalies.

Sanchez, and the Jets are in for a rough ride.. And in hindsight.. I wasn't overly impressed with their defense either. I give em 6 wins tops!

Back
Top Bottom