Saturday PM 7/26 Camp Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saturday PM 7/26 Camp Report

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Today was the most crowded and spirited of any camp I can remember. There was basically standing room only.

I got to camp about 15 min after it started and the first play I saw was JR in coverage laying out to bat the ball down. He looked really good today. On another running play he charged in but didn't make a play for the QB, instead took his man strait up field. It completely disrupted the play forcing the RB to go wide and deep and the play went no where.

The 3 stars today were Fiedler, Thompson and Charlie Rogers:
Fiedler - throws looked good and many of the short and intermediate ones found their mark. Especially looked good on the timing routes like the intermediate out pattern and a short curl. The coverage was also good forcing him to tuck the ball away and look to run a few times.

Thompson - 2 sweet catches and a few other nice grabs. One was an over the shoulder grab deep down the near sideline. He came down with the ball but as Fletcher indicated, it was probably out of bounds. The other nice catch was a one handed grab down the right seam that he laid out for. There was one other circus catch that he didn't come down with, but all I could think was 'Orande who?'

Charlie Rogers - got a lot of reps today. Looked good in the middle drill until he fumbled the ball after a nice run. What impressed me was after the ball hit the ground, several D players were diving to get it. And judging by Jim Bates jumping up and down and doing the first down signal the other way, the D recovered the ball in the end zone. Rogers also had a nice 25+ yard run on a draw play in the 11 vs 11, and a nice catch from Griese out of the slot.

Griese – didn’t look as good today. He had one pic and looked uncertain where to go with the ball more then a couple of times, and held the ball forever. The times he did get the ball off, the throws were on target.

Sage – looked pretty good again but nothing I can think to mention

Middle drill - the RB's had more success then yesterday, but the D still proved stronger. RW had a nice run on the first play, but yards were tough to come by.

OG - look much better today. No drops and he looked much more comfortable then yesterday. No great catches, but no opportunities to do so either.

#16 Kendall Newson - had 2 nice catches and got open on a few other plays. He is a baller. Since he runs w/ the 2nd team, it's hard to tell how good he would look w/ Jay throwing to him.

Shawn Wooden - Had a great pic for a td on a quick out on the far sideline that Griese threw.

McKnight made a good catch but then got hurt after hits from Moore & Fletcher. (Fletcher came away w/ the ball). At first I thought he just got the wind knocked out of him, but then it looked like a shoulder/arm injury. didn't look too bad though.

At one point I was standing next to one of the channel 7 news gust filming the practice when Drew & Jason Rosenhaus walked up to him and they greeted each other by first name. Drew basically told the cameraman which guys to focus on (big surprise they were mostly his guys) and the cameraman sad 'no problem'. I was so expecting him to slip the camera guy a $100 but it didn’t happen…

Baker - 2 drops, one right in his hands. He is not off to a good start.

Tolver – it was great to see #87 out there. He had 2 good catches and got like 100 high fives when he got back to his WR buddies.

Knight – caught my eye twice. Once batting the ball away from rob Konrad and generally looked like he was always in the right position.

Fletcher – had a good day today. Looks like he is taking the challenge from Buckley seriously… we’ll have to see how this one plays out.

#82 Battlagia – had a couple of grabs, but nothing spectacular.

I took some pics and I'll post them if any are worth showing.

Thanks. Good report. Good stuff. :up:

Thanks for the report bro.

Just to clear things up, J.R. Tolver has signed? I hadn't heard anything but if he was there in camp then I'm stoked! I can't wait to see what kind of display this guy puts on over the course of the camp.

Tolver signed for 4 years today.

man we are only on the 2nd day of camp but we already lost a DE before that, doing stuff at home, another DE were we wait on results of the MRI and now McKnight like you said got hurt, they drop like flies out there

OG who? Love it, great report, I hope all these injuries are minor and the guys will bounce back quickly, man the 2nd D is given Griese problems, that's great news for D depth.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
OG who? Love it, great report, I hope all these injuries are minor and the guys will bounce back quickly, man the 2nd D is given Griese problems, that's great news for D depth.
Just to clarify:
Fiedler goes vs. the 1st team D about 80%
Sage goes vs. the 2nd team D about 80%
Griese has been basically splitting about 50/50 between the two.

I was watching a little today thinking what you were md, but I can't say I noticed Griese having more success vs the 2nd team then the first. He seemed to have equal success/failure against them.

What I did notice is:
Jay seems to warm up and get better. Playing better later in the practice then he did in the begining.
Sage is streaky. He gets hot & cold. 3-4 good in a row, 3-4 bad in a row.
Griese so far has been unpredictable from one play to the next.

Just my observations...

Originally posted by stan marino
Anything on ZGonina or buckley??

Sorry didn't see much from either. Did notice Buckley was in a lot, but didn't really see him do anything or get beat either.

Back
Top Bottom