Saw a segment on Ricky Williams just now, tonight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saw a segment on Ricky Williams just now, tonight

dolphans1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I just saw a segment on ESPN about what Ricky Williams is doing now and was pleasantly surprised. (first and foremost by what Nick Saban did for him.)

But in a "weird" way it helps me understand Ricky, the player, the guy.

I always felt, Ricky Williams could have been a HOF player, but I always felt he thought his talent was way beyond everything else and he could have been the best ever, not casting judgement on him at all, for his decisions.

It's great to learn and hear that he's a running backs coach at the University of the Incarnate Word, which is a small Catholic school, looking to build its football program.

I fell that is great.

If you watched the segment, you may understand, that he was never driven by money or fame, which, was a beautiful thing.

He hopes at sometime to be head coach somewhere, eventually ,and it was great to hear that Mack Brown and Nick Saban both wrote letters of recommendation for Williams when he was looking to land this current job he eventually got, and that Saban offered to hire him.

This is a great story...

Ill always be torn. On one hand football really wasn't his #1 priority and you can't fault a man for that. On the other hand he agreed to a contract with us knowing his heart wasn't quite in it. He could have been a great one...but I wish him no ill will.

Despite the bad feelings I had for him when he flaked out on us in '04, Ricky was and always will be one of my all time favorite Phins. A genuinely good guy, with a talent that was beyond measure. It really is a shame that his aloofness probably cost him a shot in the HOF, but there is no denying his abilities, if he truly has a passion for what he's doing, I have no doubt he could one day work his way on to an NFL coaching staff.

Despite the bad feelings I had for him when he flaked out on us in '04, Ricky was and always will be one of my all time favorite Phins. A genuinely good guy, with a talent that was beyond measure. It really is a shame that his aloofness probably cost him a shot in the HOF, but there is no denying his abilities, if he truly has a passion for what he's doing, I have no doubt he could one day work his way on to an NFL coaching staff.

I agree with what you both wrote, as if risk of injury or even health or the fact that he or anyone else may even care to be the "best" at their position really matters, which is real subjective, and is something to really ponder.

I guess, my point is, in the end, does it really matter. (as far as history goes)

d-1

Saw it you should see the 30 for 30 film on him. I have great respect for Ricky Williams no matter how he hurt this franchise cause he is a person before a player and though it hurt us he is who is and I respect him and admire
Him!

Dude has a mental disease. Nothing funny about social anxiety and chronic depression. He's an inspiration.

Aww yes..Good ole Ricky. Gotta love the guy!!!

Back
Top Bottom