Say Hello To Jeramiah Trotter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Say Hello To Jeramiah Trotter

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With the Zach Thomas injury and his subsequent surgery .. Could the Dolphins be interested in Trotter!!! i would hope the team at least checks out other middle linebackers ... just in case Zach isn't 100% ready for the season .. i hope this doesn't lead to problems at the LB spot for the season ... we lacked depth before Zachs' injury.. now what do we do??

How about Porter as an insurance policy against Wally. I know Porter was a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4 but I bet he coulc come in and play well as the LDE. If we had Porter and another #! next year I would be hard pressed to complain.

I agree that we are woefully short at depth in the LB position - Seau is a bit older for a LB as well and injuries are quite common at this position...Zach's absence last year cost us quite a bit...I forget the name of the guy who filled in for him but he seemed slow and out of position at crucial moments...

As in any discussion of acquiring a player several factors come into play - namely salary cap, a players recent history vs his economic demands, and so on...Trotter is a guy with superstar potential but simply failed to approach that status the last couple of years...The Dolphins need to continue on the trail of hungry players who are no-names...

Raving

I'd be pretty damned shocked if the Dolphins picked up Trotter.

The Dolphins have two young linebackers in Greenwood and Moore that they are going to give every chance to promote. They arent going to rush to pick up an aging veteran with knee problems who doesnt fit our system when they have Greenwood who had a pretty damn good year last season, and Moore who they want to prove was a good pick.

Greenwood would be our MLB in case of Zach being out. He's the logical choice. He has the longest tenure in the Dolphins system. He doesnt quite have the nearly precognative play recognition that Thomas does, but he's a heck of alot faster.

Trotter was best in the Eagles 46 Defense. He filled gaps, and played an aggressive, blitzing style. Trotter is about the farthest away from ZT in terms of style as you can get.

Disgustipate said:
I'd be pretty damned shocked if the Dolphins picked up Trotter.

The Dolphins have two young linebackers in Greenwood and Moore that they are going to give every chance to promote. They arent going to rush to pick up an aging veteran with knee problems who doesnt fit our system when they have Greenwood who had a pretty damn good year last season, and Moore who they want to prove was a good pick.

Greenwood would be our MLB in case of Zach being out. He's the logical choice. He has the longest tenure in the Dolphins system. He doesnt quite have the nearly precognative play recognition that Thomas does, but he's a heck of alot faster.

Trotter was best in the Eagles 46 Defense. He filled gaps, and played an aggressive, blitzing style. Trotter is about the farthest away from ZT in terms of style as you can get.
I totally agree at some point the guys we drafted have to play and play well.

Trotter isn't a good fit for our system and I doubt he would want to come here since he would be a backup. Thomas should be ready for the start of the season.

There were also comments on other sites that Trotter's asking price and conditionoing were in question. On paper it looks good but I doubt he wants a back-up spot.

Zach will be 100%, thts the point of having the surgery now. He needs about 4 weeks to heal(thts wut it would be if it was durring the season) but there giving him 6 weeks, hell b fine. Trotter wants to much money to sign him to a backup deal. Maybe even a 3rd stringer considering Moore is supposed to back up evry LB position(cept MLB in which Morlon would go mid and moore would play OLB)

I don't like the idea about Gildon he is getting up there and Trotter doesn't fit in our system. I think Tommy Hendricks did well filling in for Zack last year considering his lack of playing time. I also agree we have some young linebackers that need some playing time. We have to remember while our backups aren't Zack Thomas, if they were not good they wouldn't be in the league.

You can throw in Brendan Given in the mix for MLB backup.He was impressive in NFL Europe league.At 6Ft 2" 252 lbs and great speed he was originally projected as an outside speed rusher but he proved to be a very good MLB.

I am not sure how Trotter doesnt fit this defense because system is based on keeping blockers off the MLB to let him run free.Trotter was moved to OLB when he went to the Skins from Philly.I believe that we should try to get him just cause Neither Moore or Greenwood have the Size you need at MLB.

Trotter would be an excellent backup or even a starter at MLB.

I think this could be a blessing of sorts in disguise... We get extra snaps for the other linebackers and see what we have to work with. Is Moore what he's billed to be? Will Bua benefit from extra time and attention? Will Givens step up and make something happen? What about Jenkins?

I think all of these players will benefit from extra practice snaps, extra pre-game time, and extra scrutiny from the coaches. Then, if there are still questions, you see who is available. Maybe Trotter is still out there, maybe someone else is available. But right now I think you save the money and see what else is on the roster. I'm not convinced LB is our most critical need in any case.

Back
Top Bottom