Say it Ain't So!! Please no Cefalo!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Say it Ain't So!! Please no Cefalo!!

MikeO said:
I gotta be honest. With DIRECTV and all of the games on TV and such, how many people actually listen to the radio broadcasts these days?

Just curious.

I do every game. In fact, due to stupid superstition, I've gone several games at a time only listening to games. Otherwise, I always keep the net radio going in one room and TV in the other room.

MikeO said:
I gotta be honest. With DIRECTV and all of the games on TV and such, how many people actually listen to the radio broadcasts these days?

Just curious.

I'm a season ticket holder and I listen when I'm at the games. I also listen when at home depending on who's calling the game on TV. Just about everyone in my section listens when at the games.

miamirick said:
Nat Moore is a bumbling idiot. That guy is about as horrible as they get on a telecast...have you ever seen a Fin's preseason game?? That team they roll out there with Moore, Griese, and some other guy is flat out dreadful.

I don't know if OJ can really do the color...I like his radio show, but I don't know if his style really lends itself to a Dolphin's radio broadcast.

I disagree about Nat Moore. He does a good job of describing the action. Pointing out things that the average fan does not see. Thats why most color guys are either former players or coaches. With a strong play by play guy (Zimpfer or Boog), I think Nat can shine and so can OJ. OJ would need to reel it in a little bit and I think he would. His show is more slapstick than sports. I think he'd take the job seriously if they gave it to him. Plus I'm partial because he's one of my all time favorite 'Phins. I could live with Rose too.

Maybe Wanny is available, after all he said he enjoyed calling that NFL game that they hired him for one Sunday last season :rofl3:

I think Boog would be the perfect fit, and to me, he seemed like the obvious choice. In fact, I figured thats how 790 lurred him away from qam and the Marlins. I am going to send a letter to the DOlphins. Cefalo would be average IMO. As for Joe ROse, I am coming around to the idea of having him in the booth. He needs to drop the goofball act, or atleast tone it down, and I think he will. Boog and ROse would be perfect. I couldnt imagine Segreto calling games. I wonder how he would hav been.

Boy, I miss Mandich already (aaaallllll riiiight MIAMI). I also missed Rick Weaver in the early days (Holy Toledo, what a grab !)

790 better hire someone from the outside for their Dolphins game broadcasts, because of now they have Joe Rose and a bunch of people who dont even deserve to be allowed to own a radio much less be on one.

Bringing Zimpfer back would be acceptable. Giving OJ McDuffie on the radio in the first place is a terrible decision, but having him replace Jim Mandich? That is like if the Steelers decided to replace Myron Cope with Mike Webster. Yes, I am aware that Mike Webster died in 2002.

Living in Jersey, I obviously don't get to see Cefalo do the sports on TV, so I'll take your words that he's boring as hell- I've seen him some when I've been in Florida visiting my relatives, but I don't really remember how he was. He has no play-by-play experience either, and he shouldn't just get the job because he's an ex-Dolphin and the Dolphins want two former players together in the booth. Boog should get the job for sure- and I just can't understand how Bill Zimfer has not recieved a phone call. A freakin' PHONE CALL at least. Best play-by-play guy we've ever had.

Abbot and Costello,Lewis and Martin,Laurel and Hardy made good teams because one was the straight man and one was the color man.IMO its the same comparison in the broadcast booth.You need a straight man for play by play and an ex player for color.Two straight men doesnt work and neither does two color guys.IMO both Rose and Cefalo are two color guys although I would concur that Cefalo approaches a grayish color.

In conclusion I think it would be better to have Boog or Zimpfer as the straight guy.

CrunchTime said:
Abbot and Costello,Lewis and Martin,Laurel and Hardy made good teams because one was the straight man and one was the color man.IMO its the same comparison in the broadcast booth.You need a straight man for play by play and an ex player for color.Two straight men doesnt work and neither does two color guys.IMO both Rose and Cefalo are two color guys although I would concur that Cefalo approaches a grayish color.

In conclusion I think it would be better to have Boog or Zimpfer as the straight guy.

Absolutely agree Crunch. It just won't be the same without Maddog anyway, but at least there would be some touch of the past with Zimfer. He was awesome. Boog could be really good though if given a chance, and I think he deserves a chance if Zimfer isn't in the running. Play-by-play is NOT an easy job if you've never done it- I don't care how much you know the game. Hell, you've seen first-year ANALYSTS struggle in their first years- Phil Simms was HORRIBLE when he first started. He's improved vastly with experience, and now he's CBS' #1 guy. You have to learn. The Miami Dolphins radio booth is not the place Jimmy Cefalo should be learning- he should go call some FAU games or something first.

Back
Top Bottom