Say NO to Dennis Green | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Say NO to Dennis Green

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Am I the only one that does not want Denny Green to coach our beloved Fins? I seriously dont think itd be to much of an upgrade, just another guy with a winning attitude but no motivation....and what really makes me sick is the way he's always talking bad about our team on ESPNews saying how he knows we arent going anywhere based on our late season slumps, I personally dont think he likes the Fins, and I would definetly hate it if he coached are fins, theres a reason why he still isnt coaching....How many times did the Vikes reach the SB when he was coaching there? How many times has Denny Green even been to a SB? If we want to get desperate, why not wait for Dan Reeves or Marty Schottenhiemer or maybe even Steve Spurrier....these guys know what it takes to win, but somehow, till this day they still havent got it done......

SAY NO TO DENNIS GREEN!

yeah you know there is SOOOO many coaches out there on the market with head coaching and a couple super bowls under their belt.

And i think it's a great idea to stick with wanny while in this slump......C'mon man, he's no Don Shula, but he has a great football mind, and he DOES have motivation. He wanted in last year in the dallas job, he's a great coach, and i'd LOVE to see what he could do with Ricky and Chambers in the mix.

i would be willing to give him a shot *IF* wanny doesn't get the job done this year. if we finish like 6-1 or 7-0 and we miss the playoffs i'd give him another year.

lets just see...

IMO heres the best list.

Stoops
Schottenhiemer
Green

I agree with the original post. But if nobody else with NFL success jumps in the mix after this season then Green will most likely be the leading candidate. And forget those different college coach rallies, they're nothing but a recipe for Spurrierism (catastrophe).

what's wrong with green? he only missed the playoffs once, went to 2 nfc title games, was a missed fg away from the sb, and his former players speak of him like he's god. if wanny doesn't pan out, why not go after him?

I am troubled by Green also. I feel that he is personally somewhat undisciplined. I also sense while he is good with offenses, that he does not pay enough attention to his own defense. I also feel that it would probably take at least three years to get the type personel that Green likes, since he does prefer a Walshian-West Coast style offense, and the Phins do not not have personel that can run it. In fact probably the only time period when the Phins actually had the personel that could run the offense was probably between 1977 and 1979.

I have Green on top of my list to replace Wanny (If he gets replaced) along with Norv Turner. Green is a good coach and knows how to exploit defense which is something Wanny can not do. Green would make CC pretty good and I would guarantee CC would put up some pretty good numbers.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Am I the only one that does not want Denny Green to coach our beloved Fins? I seriously dont think itd be to much of an upgrade, just another guy with a winning attitude but no motivation....and what really makes me sick is the way he's always talking bad about our team on ESPNews saying how he knows we arent going anywhere based on our late season slumps, I personally dont think he likes the Fins, and I would definetly hate it if he coached are fins, theres a reason why he still isnt coaching....How many times did the Vikes reach the SB when he was coaching there? How many times has Denny Green even been to a SB? If we want to get desperate, why not wait for Dan Reeves or Marty Schottenhiemer or maybe even Steve Spurrier....these guys know what it takes to win, but somehow, till this day they still havent got it done......

SAY NO TO DENNIS GREEN!

Excellent post Pred. Denny Green, like Marty and Reeves, cannot win the big games. I still believe the 1998 Minnesota Vikings were the best team never to win a superbowl--yes Reeves won that game, but you knew his team was superbowl fodder for the Broncos. Dolphins need a coach who will take them over the top.
Those 3 coaches won't take you farther than Wanny will.

Best case scenario(in NFL history): Get Joe Gibbs to take a break from NASCAR:D
otherwise, look for some diamonds in the rough among coordinators. I'm spelling this out cause my team needs to do it too--badly:(

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
dennis green is a fat tub of crap.

Thank you for that indepth and expert analysis. Do you ever make a point without personally insulting or degrading someone else??

If anything everything Dennis Green is always backed up by facts and he always try to find the positive out of anything. The problem with dennis green is that he wants complete control of the team. Dealing from Management to building his assembly line.

I see him as another wanny. Happy guys that can't cut it. Seau Thomas Mcmicheal thoose kinda of guys want someone to jump in there face and give them a challenge. Like a shula or a ditka or a cohwer. I think this team needs a kick in the rear more than an offensive mind.

Back
Top Bottom