Say what you will about Wanny, but...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Say what you will about Wanny, but......

jgarMD

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Everyone here rips Wanny (including me), but the guy has endured hell with this offseason and media scrutiny. The guy has shown real character. He doesn't get donw, sulk to the media, cry. He sucks it up and keeps on going. Say what you will about him as a football coach, as a human being he gets a grade of A. He is a real character guy, few people can endure this $hit and stay sane. He gets my respect (even if I want him fired as our coach)

I do not bash him and I have stuck by him for 4 years. I will continue to do so. I think you made a great post but prepare to get bashed by all the "nay sayers" and "Wanny/Fiedler Haters".

jgarMD said:
Everyone here rips Wanny (including me), but the guy has endured hell with this offseason and media scrutiny. The guy has shown real character. He doesn't get donw, sulk to the media, cry. He sucks it up and keeps on going. Say what you will about him as a football coach, as a human being he gets a grade of A. He is a real character guy, few people can endure this $hit and stay sane. He gets my respect (even if I want him fired as our coach)

I agree, whether you think he's a good coach or not you have to feel for him with all that has happened. This offseason has just been unreal.
You have to wonder what is going through Wannstedts mind at this point.
You have to feel bad for everyone on the Phins team.
These guys have all been training their arses off for what was a very legit shot at making a super bowl run and then out of nowhere bam, bam, bam they are getting sucker punched left and right. With all this adversity you are going to really see what the players on this team are made of.

Nice post. Isn't this the time for players AND fans to step up and rally around the team, not tear it apart?

Great post. I have not once bad-mouthed Dave. I think he gets a bad break from Dolphin fans but he is a stand-up guy. Great character and a hard working individual, I wish him all the best and he truly has my sympahty for all this BS that has occured this offseason. No one should have to endure all of this.

jgarMD said:

I was one that wanted change this year. I think Wanny is a good defensive coach, just not a good enough head coach. But you are 1000 % correct, he spits in the face of doom, and keeps his head held upright. Gloom and doom has followed him around since last December, and he still talks so positive.

Finally!!

Wannstedt is a QUALITY COACH!! I am glad to finally see a pea of respect he deserves! Could he have done better? Of course! But overall I really think he has done a decent job! It's not like he's cheap, he's gone out and got quality players and to took risks that now have come back to bite him in the a$$! ALA Ricky! But NO ONE was bitching when he made the trade for him!! Now it's his fault!

jgarMD said:

His character lends nothing to his abilities to be a head coach in the NFL...

I agree he's endured a lot as a head football coach, but the media scrutiny is well deserved...

Sadly, the loss of Ricky Williams and now David Boston has probably saved his job... Oh Joy...

Stand up guy doesnt always = good coach. Please people the guy has the same response for everything... "bad luck" follows him everywhere... we need to move on.

musk said:
It seems like everyone has deiced that bashing ricky was "so last week" and have moved onto the old-favorite Dave Wandstat.

How many games have the Dolphins lost this season? Zero you say?! Well how many games have the dolphins even played this season? ZERO you say?!?! wow, then wandstat must be the worst NFL coach in history!

give me a break people, we are what, 4 days into training camp and already this forum is being flooded by Wandstat-Hate threads and posts. do you blame him for ricky leaving? you shouldnt, he had nothing to do w/ it. do you blame him for fiedler? you shouldnt (entirely) because he can still win games. have the dolphins had a losing season under him? last time i checked they hadn't.

and please use some sort of common sense when you talk about wandstat's '04 game plan. have you seen it? no. so stop bashing it. how the hell do you know what he will do this season when the SEASON HASNT STARTED YET!

find something more interesting to talk about. the anti-wandstat and anti-fiedler posts are getting old fast. if the dolphins are 0-3 then let the posts fly. but after many hours of research on the internet i have come to find out that the dolphins are 0 -0 in 2004 so there is no reason to be calling for anyone's head yet.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=563280

T-ROCK said:
I agree he's endured a lot as a head football coach, but the media scrutiny is well deserved...

Sadly, the loss of Ricky Williams and now David Boston has probably saved his job... Oh Joy...

the media scrutiny is well deserved? maybe in december when the dolphins bottom out but before the season starts or when the dolphins have a winning record? hell if that makes you deserve media scrutiny id hate to see what you have to do in order to not deserve it. be happy you dont have steve spurier. now that is a coach that deserves media scrutiny. or dikta in his saints days. consistent play does not deserve such hatred from everyone.

Back
Top Bottom