SB dreams may ride on next two weeks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB dreams may ride on next two weeks

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
OK lets face it. KC is probably getting the #1 seed in the playoffs. At worst the #2. The AFC north champ is getting the #4. So, either the east or the south will get the other first round bye.

The INDY and TENN game are critical when it comes down to tie breaker. We need these games like we need divisional wins.

If we can pull out these two then I can truly see the Fins in the SB. Although playing KC at Arrowhead will be difficult.

I know its too early to predict but that tie breaker is critical and we need the first round bye.

HUGE games next 2 weeks against 2 teams that are a combined 12-3 , but we have Indy @ home and play the titans after they had a bye week, if somehow we come out of this 2 games 7-2 we could be #2 seed then, if the pats loose another one, the way our D is playing, i like our chances, DW has to decide what he wants to do @ QB, the positive thing is that he didn´t say stuff like "if jay is healthy he is our starter" and of course the fact, that we normally play well against "good" teams

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami hasn't done well in the playoffs or didn't even make the playoffs in the last few years because they didn't take care of business within the division to win it or improve their seating. It's time for the team to wake up and start kicking the snot out of the other three teams twice per year. You have to almost go undefeated within the division to have a good seating. That's where it starts.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
If we lose to Indy next week at home we would be 1-3...
:eek:

But we are 4-0 on the road...
:jumper:

I just can't figure you Phins out

:confused:

There is no way a team outside of KC is getting the number one seed. The last of their schedule is cake. The toughest game they have left is Denver, and I think they play it at home. The other three are playing divisions are playing for the number 2 seed. Most likely, the North won't get it, that division is horrible. That leaves the East and South. There are 4 strong teams in these two divisions, Miami, NE, Indy, and Tenn. We play all 3 once before the season ends. We NEED to win against all 3 of them to get that bye, I'm sure of it. The toughest game is Indy, and it is at home. We win that, and I think we are in great position the rest of the season. We match up well against Tenn, and we always play NE tough up there. IMO, it comes down to this Sunday, probably the most important game of the season thus far......

I agree with you Baz. Next Sunday's game is critical as far as I'm concerned and a must win. We lost and we're going to be in big trouble. Play that game and then the one at TN like they are divisional games and PLAY to WIN!

I disagree with the assesment of matching up well with the Titans. I think we match up much better with the Colts. They have a smaller quicker D-line that should be easier for our O-line that is quicker and smaller. We should be able to get some push against them and Ricky should be able to run over a few guys for a few long gains.

Tennessee has a good O-line and a good passing game with a QB who scrambles which gives us fits. The run game we excel at but Tenn. doesn't run much anymore.

Indy we should win, we'll lose to Tenn. coming off a bye week at home.

The next two weeks are huge. In my mind, both the Indy and Tennessee games are must wins and we will see from these two games if this team is really for real. Right now, we are allowing the least points in the league, and now we get to go up against two good offenses. We haven't really played a great offense this year, Buffalo was hot when we played them but they have sucked ever since. :)

I hope they play well agianst Tennessee because I finally get to see the Fins in person. Being from Ky makes it difficult to get to the games and I hate Tennessee.

People around here never even liked football and now all you see is Tennessee and Browns jerseys. Browns cause of Couch who went to KY and sucks miserably.

Anyway kick the crap out of Tenn and Indy and NE and dont forget the Cowboys and oh well beat all of them. Any loss sucks.

GO FINS

I also think we match up well against the Tennessee Flaming Thumbtacks. Our nickel package is very good and I forsee a few coverage sacks. McNair will not be running on the Miami D and he will not have 5 - 6 seconds like he's had against lesser defensive lines.

The Colts win if Peyton is hot. If he locks in on one reciever or gets messy with his footwork we will dominate. Peyton has not played a bad game all year though. Our DBs were covering tighter against both the Chargers and the Patriots (except for the blunder in OT). I say we probably split those games.

Hsa anyone even thought that Tennessee has TWO great DE's? you think we match up well with that? Uh, last time i checked out o-line sucked.

McNair is a scrambling QB who can make plays with his feet and arm, Brees last night made all his plays by scrambling around and throwing after someone got open.

Our pass D has been the worst thing about this team this year and Tenn has not even been trying to run most games.

I really don't see how people think we match up well with them. They have a great pass rush and talent in the secondary.

We will need an all-world performance to beat them.

I really don't think so. Their recievers are nothing special. Our secondary can handle them. The problem comes when our O is on the field. If BG is the starter, I think we are set. He gets the ball out quickly, which can nullify the pass rush a bit. Besides, our O-line has atleast been decent at pass blocking......

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Although playing KC at Arrowhead will be difficult.

Ouch... Just looking at that in print is intimidating!

The Fins need to worryabout just getting there first however.
If the QB situation works itself out and the OL somehow finds someone to step up and play better then we can worry about the playoffs.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
I disagree with the assesment of matching up well with the Titans. I think we match up much better with the Colts. They have a smaller quicker D-line that should be easier for our O-line that is quicker and smaller. We should be able to get some push against them and Ricky should be able to run over a few guys for a few long gains.

Tennessee has a good O-line and a good passing game with a QB who scrambles which gives us fits. The run game we excel at but Tenn. doesn't run much anymore.

Indy we should win, we'll lose to Tenn. coming off a bye week at home.

But in any case, we usually play tenn rather well.

Back
Top Bottom