Scenario: Gallery drops to the San Diego Chargers at #4.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scenario: Gallery drops to the San Diego Chargers at #4..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
After the Chargers trade the number 1 to the Giants, Gallery is sitting there at their new slot at 4.. You are Spielman.. Do you deal Ogunleye, 20, and a future pcik to move up and take Gallery?

I would gallery is the best player in the draft.

Dol-Fan I think thats what it would take I would assume.. Not a future 1st rounder though.. more like a future 3rd..

San Diego won't want Ogunleye. They are switching to a 3-4 to make use of their linebackers and Ogunleye isn't a 3-4 end.

They are switching to 3-4? They have personnel for that? LOL.. I dont think they have personnel period.. :tongue:

I think that is too much to give up, especially if Miami had a shot at Andrews

NO WAY IN HELL !!! gallery MAYBE the best ol in the draft ...we'll be giving away a proven probowler a 1st round and another pick for one unproven player ... be it that everyone is saying he's that great , what the hell do these guys know anyways ? they all said that about leaf and and look at him and there's many more first round bust to go along with him ... if they accept ogun for that pick then sure but to give up a 1st and another pick along with ogun...that would be rapeing us . my answer is definitly NO WAY!!!!

Nope

I'd rather Smith at LT and Andrews at RT with Wally and our 1st or 3rd next year

than...

Gallery at LT and Smith at RT without Wally and either no 1st or 3rd (we already dont have a second)

Gallery is good, but he's not in the Pace, Ogden, Boselli, W. Jones class. He is rated higher than Gross was last year, but I wouldn't give so much for Gallery... For the 1st 4 lineman I mentioned, sure :goof:

IN A HEARTBEAT!
Think long term guys!
If we give up Wale and a 3rd (this year or next) or just Wale.. then we get Gallery (4) and Andrews (20)...... You just built your Oline for the next 5 - 8 years. Think about it... Gallery, Smith, McKinney, Andrews (your core line is PURE YOUTH and not too shabby either). Throw in James, St. Clair, BIG MAC and our other backups.... I'd say our line would rate in TOP 5 in 1 year of gelling.....
and we lose what... Wale? we can find 1 or 2 guys to get those 15 sacks.
And, instead of stringing along you offense to ANOTHER draft, YOU'RE DONE. Ricky, Andrews, Gallery, McKinney, Smith, McMichael and Boston are ALL YOUNG STARS.
Then, next year, you can focus nearly all on Defense. I'd think we would be in the cat-bird seat at that point.

Nathan, We aint gna get the fourth pick in the draft for Wally and a third.

Gallery AND Andrews is a pipe dream. In all honesty, atm, i would be delighted if we even got Andrews at 20

MISREAD... I caught my own SCREW UP..... I didn't see the "20" in the original post....
THAT CHANGES things... JUST A WEEEE BIT...
BUT.... how about a tweak on the scenario.....

1) Wale, #20, 2005 #3 -> SD
2) #4, 2004 #2 -> MIA

THEN, I'd do it... picking another OL with the #2 (as above)....

Back
Top Bottom