Scenario: Gallery drops to the San Diego Chargers at #4.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scenario: Gallery drops to the San Diego Chargers at #4..

oooh... Gallery and Grove.

Now that's interesting.

Off topic... I'd rather take Sean Taylor at 4 than Gallery.

I'd take gallery in a heart beat, look where we're sitting with O-gun guys. He COULD sit out all but 6 games, and then leave and we get nothing in return. We're giving them a low first, a future 3rd (value of a 4th this year), and a DE that's going to walk giving us nothing in return, for a franchise Tackle.

If we weren't fighting with O-gun right now, and were openly pursuing negotiations to sign him long term I'd say no way. But with him kicking and screaming and threatening to hold out (he probably won't, but he's STILL a FA next year regarless) we wont' get him for htis year anyway. That's 2 firsts and a 2nd for #4 in the draft guys. We could trade DOWN from that #4 spot, nab Rivers, and 2 later round picks and still pick up our OL.

How do we trade O-Gun in that scenario? Wouldn't he have to sign -- within the clock constraints of the draft pick?

Hmmm.. I didnt think about that xiidaen.. Not sure about that one.

it would have to be a pre-determined sign and trade, something he WILL do given the alternative. He'll get to sit out all but 6 games for 1.8 million dollars next season, and kill his market value. He'd opt to sign a more lucrative contract elsewhere given that or the alternative.

look where we're sitting with O-gun guys. He COULD sit out all but 6 games, and then leave and we get nothing in return.

That is not a very likely scenario.

If we weren't fighting with O-gun right now, and were openly pursuing negotiations to sign him long term I'd say no way. But with him kicking and screaming and threatening to hold out (he probably won't, but he's STILL a FA next year regarless) we wont' get him for htis year anyway. That's 2 firsts and a 2nd for #4 in the draft guys. We could trade DOWN from that #4 spot, nab Rivers, and 2 later round picks and still pick up our OL.

I think you are overestimating how much Ogunleye and the front office are fighting. Its a game at the moment and Ogun and Rosenhaus are positioning themselves to get the longterm contract. They know they dont have any real power to get the FO to pony up. They are just hoping. And as far as badmouthing the Phins, Ogun's done NONE. He's just decided not to show up to workouts cuz he's not under contract.

Back
Top Bottom