Schedule Breakdown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schedule Breakdown

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Guys we are 2 missed field goals and a block away from being 8-0 and everybody is crying. I agree that Miami has weaknesses on the O-line butThey only had one really bad game. There is still half a season to go. I will breakdown our schedule:

@ Tennessee (We have owned Tennessee lately)
Baltimore - Hopefully Chester is back beacuse Kyle Boller WILL NOT BEAT US.
Washington - If Patrick Ramsey is still alive by this game he's in trouble
@ Dallas - If where going to lose one this is the one I'd pick. However I think Quincy Carter and his smallish WR's along with Dallas's big SLOW O-line will have its hands filled.
@ NE - Week and a half to prepare. Bellechik will treat this game like a mini Super Bowl (See 2001) and throw everything including the kitchen sink at us. Our coaching staff better use its extra time wisely.
Philly - I don't think their offense can hurt us one bit. McNabb will have to have an exceptional day.
@ Buffalo - Pretect Griese and rattle Bledsoe and this one will be a cke walk. Easier said than done in the cold Buffalo in December.
Jets - Should be a different and very tough game that is certainly winnable.

Does anyone actually believe we will not go at least 4-4 at home this season. That would be pathetic. I say 6-2 7-1 on the road is not out of the question. Yes we had some costly losses earlier in the season but have a great chance at getting a wild card anyway. Outside os KC, Indy, NE, Baltimore, Tennessee, Buffalo, Denver and us the reat of the AFC SUCKS.

Miami has a very good chance of winning all out at home.. Baltimore, Redskins, Eagles and Jets coming to Miami to play and I'm very confident Miami will win all of them..

On the road is a different question..
At Tennessee, At Dallas, At New England, At Buffalo

Those are tough given Miami's struggles in the snow.. Hopefully Miami can split on the road from here on out and win the restt at home..

That would put Miami at 6-2 to end the season and 11-5 overall..

This team will have to play their hearts out though..

Guys remember it doesn't automatically snow in NE and Buffalo in December. How many snow games have you guys actually seen with us involved in the past 10 years. I can think of 3 total 2 in Buffalo and 1 in Chicago. I live in New England and have gone to Pats games in December where I've worn T-shirts and times where I've been freezing. You just never know when it comes to NE weather.

I'm very confident in this teams ability to explode in the 2nd half.. If Miami was blown out by the Colts with Fiedler/Griese, I would be singing a different tune..

This defense gave the offense the chance to win it.. Unfortunately, Wade Smith was being man-handled on a play where Donald Lee and McMichael were open in the end zone..

I'm sure Miami's O-line will step up this Sunday.. This is a must win for Miami and I'm confident they'll get it done..

I think we will lose vs. the Ravens at home and vs. the Pats on 12/7. Thats only 2 games of the remaining 8, so I believe we'll go 11-5 when its all done. So don't freak out if they lose the next home game.

I really hope we can beat the Jets for our last regular season game, that would be our 3rd win in the Meadowlands this year, imagine if we had more wins in the Meadowlads than the Jets this year?!
:idea:

Originally posted by Dolfan02
I think we will lose vs. the Ravens at home and vs. the Pats on 12/7. Thats only 2 games of the remaining 8, so I believe we'll go 11-5 when its all done. So don't freak out if they lose the next home game.

I really hope we can beat the Jets for our last regular season game, that would be our 3rd win in the Meadowlands this year, imagine if we had more wins in the Meadowlads than the Jets this year?!
:idea:

That's a home game.

I was looking at New Englands remaining schedule and they have a pretty easy one.

The Fins is much harder from here on out.

The loss to the Pats at home will come back to haunt us.

Thanks Olindo Mare...you suck!!!

Clump...i know what you're saying but...just like you stated in your user info box...

"it ain't over till it's over!!!"

@Tennessee L (I know we've owned Tennessee in the past, but I just don't see a win here, on the road against one of the best in the AFC)
Baltimore W (Run D will shut down Lewis, Boller will be eaten alive by the secondary)
Washington W (No running game, and secondary can more than handle Ramsey)
@Dallas W (This could easily be a loss, but after watching Dallas against the Skins, our D can do the same thing to the Cowboys' O)
@New England L (Cold road game in December, enough said)
Philadelphia W (The Eagles still continue to unimpress, and the Dolphins seem to often win late season home night games)
@Buffalo L (Cold road game in December, enough said)
N.Y. Jets W (The Jets obviously no longer have the hex on us and they suck anyway)

10-6, the last Wild Card spot, and probably lose in the first round of the play-offs.

OK, guys, I'm npt trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but it's time for a reality check!
Is there any one valid reason that shows all this or any will come to pass. let's see, we're 5-3 against the easy part of the schedeule and recent history says that we'll likely go 4-4 at best and then there's that December thing looming ahead also. we've not won at home yet but yet some think we'll win out now? I'm sorry, but that is just not reasonable thinking. Wishful maybe!! :eek:

Originally posted by DeDolfan
OK, guys, I'm npt trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but it's time for a reality check!
Is there any one valid reason that shows all this or any will come to pass. let's see, we're 5-3 against the easy part of the schedeule and recent history says that we'll likely go 4-4 at best and then there's that December thing looming ahead also. we've not won at home yet but yet some think we'll win out now? I'm sorry, but that is just not reasonable thinking. Wishful maybe!! :eek:

Yeah, I agree about the reality check, and in my post I said we could lose to Dallas and go 4-4 in our last 8. I think I was being realistically optimistic in my outlook.....and about the home games, Indy and NE are far superior to any of the teams left on the schedule at home. Baltimore is overrated, Washington is on a downward slide, the Jets suck, and the Eagles are the best of the four but are clearly very beatable.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Yeah, I agree about the reality check, and in my post I said we could lose to Dallas and go 4-4 in our last 8. I think I was being realistically optimistic in my outlook.....and about the home games, Indy and NE are far superior to any of the teams left on the schedule at home. Baltimore is overrated, Washington is on a downward slide, the Jets suck, and the Eagles are the best of the four but are clearly very beatable.

Well, please know that I wasn't singling you out, it was a generic post to everyone. I agree with what you say and if the team was playing "normal" and consistent, it would be another matter. Every team we play this year is very winnable for us and you expect to slide a bit here and there. But what we've done so far goes way beyond sliding, almost to the point of not being able to figure out anything. The way we've played this year is not according to Hoyle. matter of fact, it has not been regular Dolphins football at all this year. But then again, they way things have been rolling this yr, we may very well win out. Boy, that would be some wild **** now, huh??!! :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom