Schedule release chart | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schedule release chart

Well he was injured but basically carried the team to the playoffs in his third season.

Name one QB who recently came into the league, in a situation as bad as Miami’s situation, and by year three was a perennial playoff team? Maybe Trevor Lawrence if the Jags turn things around this season? But he missed the playoffs last year. You could say Houston but they had talent when Stroud got there. In the offseason they were my sleeper team to win the division based on their defense and upgrade in coaching staff.

Also Tua was rehabbing for two offseasons to begin his career. And spent his third offseason trying to not get a concussion. This is his first offseason dedicated to playing quarterback. That means a lot.
Joe Burrow..

Joe Burrow..

Close. But not quite. Miami had nothing in place when Tua was drafted. The Bengals had a franchise RB, 2 number one wide receivers, and drafted a third. But he is legit. No doubt about it. A healthy Burrow makes our Super Bowl hopes a lot more difficult. That’s for sure.

Close. But not quite. Miami had nothing in place when Tua was drafted. The Bengals had a franchise RB, 2 number one wide receivers, and drafted a third. But he is legit. No doubt about it. A healthy Burrow makes our Super Bowl hopes a lot more difficult. That’s for sure.
Cin was in shambles pre-Burrow was my point mostly, for a long time too. Higgins was drafted the same year as Burrow(Tua actually has 1 more start then him) and Chase the following(same year we got waddle). Mixon was solid.. but I have always heard of him referred to as underperforming to his potential. They had shaky OL issues and Burrow got sacked like 70 times during 2021, think it was the third most ever.

Cin was in shambles pre-Burrow was my point mostly, for a long time too. Higgins was drafted the same year as Burrow(Tua actually has 1 more start then him) and Chase the following(same year we got waddle). Mixon was solid.. but I have always heard of him referred to as underperforming to his potential. They had shaky OL issues and Burrow got sacked like 70 times during 2021, think it was the third most ever.

Underperforming to back to back 1,000 yard seasons with Tyler Boyd grabbing back to back 1,000 yard seasons and AJ Green coming back from injury as the number 3 behind Higgins and Boyd. I think the “shambles” on offense was mostly related to the QB position. Then they added Chase to Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon. Fitzpatrick was the leading rusher for Miami in 2019 with like 243 yards. Parker had his one and only 1,000 yard season. He was the equivalent of AJ Green to Burrow in Tua’s rookie season.

I’m not overhyping Tua. I just don’t agree that Burrow turned around a situation that was as bad as Miami had it in 2020. And it’s not even close. I’m pretty sure Burrows sacks are on him a little bit. Tua is great at avoiding sacks. Burrow is not. But he’s looking for the big play a lot. It’s give and take. Our oline has not ranked higher that 22 since Tua’s rookie season? Our line ranking actually went up in 2020 because Tua was avoiding pressure better than Fitzpatrick.

The last two seasons (only time Tua had 3 quality skill position spots)

Games Yards TDS INTS SACKS
TUA
30 8172 (avg 272) 54 22 50

Burrow
26 6784 (avg 260) 50 18 65

That’s pretty even. And Burrow had the benefit of a top 5 defense in 2022. We were in the mid to late 20s both seasons.

Underperforming to back to back 1,000 yard seasons with Tyler Boyd grabbing back to back 1,000 yard seasons and AJ Green coming back from injury as the number 3 behind Higgins and Boyd. I think the “shambles” on offense was mostly related to the QB position. Then they added Chase to Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon. Fitzpatrick was the leading rusher for Miami in 2019 with like 243 yards. Parker had his one and only 1,000 yard season. He was the equivalent of AJ Green to Burrow in Tua’s rookie season.

I’m not overhyping Tua. I just don’t agree that Burrow turned around a situation that was as bad as Miami had it in 2020. And it’s not even close. I’m pretty sure Burrows sacks are on him a little bit. Tua is great at avoiding sacks. Burrow is not. But he’s looking for the big play a lot. It’s give and take. Our oline has not ranked higher that 22 since Tua’s rookie season? Our line ranking actually went up in 2020 because Tua was avoiding pressure better than Fitzpatrick.

The last two seasons (only time Tua had 3 quality skill position spots)

Games Yards TDS INTS SACKS
TUA
30 8172 (avg 272) 54 22 50

Burrow
26 6784 (avg 260) 50 18 65

That’s pretty even. And Burrow had the benefit of a top 5 defense in 2022. We were in the mid to late 20s both seasons.
There was a reason cincy had the #1 pick.. Going over various stats etc definitely defend your argument from your perspective.
But it comes down to they weren't good and the initial conversation was asking to pick a qb who was in a similar situation as Miami that was able to turn it into a perennial playoff team. Cincy had a worse record then us for years before Burrow was picked.

There was a reason cincy had the #1 pick.. Going over various stats etc definitely defend your argument from your perspective.
But it comes down to they weren't good and the initial conversation was asking to pick a qb who was in a similar situation as Miami that was able to turn it into a perennial playoff team. Cincy had a worse record then us for years before Burrow was picked.

How far back are you going? In 2015 the Bengals were 12-4 and we were 6-10. Then we were pretty much even with them leading up to the 2019 season where they tanked and our favorite coach tried to win every game. These aren’t various stats. These are facts. Cincinnati has weapons and needed a QB. Miami had nothing and needed a QB. Burrow got more weapons in his first two seasons and Tua got one WR. In season 3 Tua got what Burrow and also Herbert already had, and has been to the playoffs twice since then. He turned them around and we are still on an upward trajectory.

You guys on here are so weird. You think every team has better players than us. Herbert is better, Burrow is better, Chase is better than Hill, Higgins is better than Waddle, but if you say Boyd, Higgins, Chase and Mixon are better than Gaskins, Parker, Grant, and Hollins, they were about the same. The same situation. IMO, it’s wild to look at both teams 2020 & 2021 rosters and say that. In 2022 & 2023 they have very similar talent levels. It’s fair to compare them equally. IMO.

How far back are you going? In 2015 the Bengals were 12-4 and we were 6-10. Then we were pretty much even with them leading up to the 2019 season where they tanked and our favorite coach tried to win every game. These aren’t various stats. These are facts. Cincinnati has weapons and needed a QB. Miami had nothing and needed a QB. Burrow got more weapons in his first two seasons and Tua got one WR. In season 3 Tua got what Burrow and also Herbert already had, and has been to the playoffs twice since then. He turned them around and we are still on an upward trajectory.

You guys on here are so weird. You think every team has better players than us. Herbert is better, Burrow is better, Chase is better than Hill, Higgins is better than Waddle, but if you say Boyd, Higgins, Chase and Mixon are better than Gaskins, Parker, Grant, and Hollins, they were about the same. The same situation. IMO, it’s wild to look at both teams 2020 & 2021 rosters and say that. In 2022 & 2023 they have very similar talent levels. It’s fair to compare them equally. IMO.
I didnt know I had to go back a decade.. i looked at us being slightly better win wise 4 out of the last 5 years leading to 2020.
The years of tannehill vs andy dalton equate out to a bunch of Nothing imo..
I was talking pre-burrow.. so everything you've mentioned 2020 is irrelevant in the context of having similar situations they came into.
I'm not sure why you brought up people being better.. there is obviously always going to be talent disparity.
Zac Taylor proved to be the much better hire over Flores..

Back
Top Bottom