Schottenheimer Fired - Mergedx3 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schottenheimer Fired - Mergedx3

Carroll supposedly wants total control over a franchise, and whoever A.J. Smith hires will be under his tight control. Chris Mortenson said on ESPN radio that Smith wants significant input on whoever the HC hires on his staff. This rules out any noted veteran coach.
After doing marty like this rules out alot of other coaches. Enbody else think that maybe they waited so long to fire just to keep him from going elsewhere?? AJ smith must really hate him. I always thought marty was a defence first guy too. I wonder if marty would be an assistant GM for us. someone to help randy out

I'd fire Smith, without a blink of an eye, not Marty. What Morons. I see 4-12 for the chargers next year. I also see an exodus of their remaining coaching staff coming.

I'd fire Smith, without a blink of an eye, not Marty. What Morons. I see 4-12 for the chargers next year. I also see an exodus of their remaining coaching staff coming.

Without A.J. Smith the Chargers would be in no position to contend for a Super Bowl. They had already lost four of their top assistants anyway. The impetus for this move was probably because Smith realized that a lame duck coach like Schottenheimer was not going to be able to attract the sort of candidates that would be necessary to make up for losses on the staff. It's also interesting to note that it was Schottenheimer who supposedly gave two of his key assistants permission to interview for jobs he had no obligation to allow. He couldn't stop Phillips, or Cameron, but he lost three other assistants to Cleveland, San Fran and Miami, moves that could have been prevented by Marty Nice Guy if he was overly concerned with maintaining his staff.

thank god this move was made now. we dont the world's biggest choker.

and no one has pointed out why this move was made:
the GM smith and HC marty weren't talking and were basically enemies of each other.

it got to a point where one had to go and the president fired the coach. great move on his part. the GM got the players but the coach couldn't coach when it mattered.

Espnews breaking news box reports Marty has been fired by the Chargers looks like there going to have a hard off-season getting there coaching staff in order

Damn, I just heard the news.....I knew the GM hated him. :rolleyes:

Wow and after their whole coaching staff left.

The names I see being talked about for HC on their boards are funny.

Jimmy Johnson, Cowher, Parcells - No way for obvious reasons.
Turner - wrong offense
Carrol - best recruiting year yet with great class coming back.

They might get Mariucci or Rivera (but the 4-3), but I have a feeling their fans will be dissapointed, even the ones that hate Martyball.

I suspect they have someone lined up already, otherwise this is insane.

Without A.J. Smith the Chargers would be in no position to contend for a Super Bowl. They had already lost four of their top assistants anyway. The impetus for this move was probably because Smith realized that a lame duck coach like Schottenheimer was not going to be able to attract the sort of candidates that would be necessary to make up for losses on the staff. It's also interesting to note that it was Schottenheimer who supposedly gave two of his key assistants permission to interview for jobs he had no obligation to allow. He couldn't stop Phillips, or Cameron, but he lost three other assistants to Cleveland, San Fran and Miami, moves that could have been prevented by Marty Nice Guy if he was overly concerned with maintaining his staff.
If that was the case then don't you think he should have thought things out before they offered that contract to Marty? Seriously dude, what Smith and the owner did was absolutely ridiculous. If they didn't want Marty then they should have fired him right away. They offered an assinine contract and expected him to sign only to then decide to fire him.
This has nothing to do with whether you feel Marty is a good coach or not. The point is that the Chargers front office should have known.

Wow and after their whole coaching staff left.

The names I see being talked about for HC on their boards are funny.

Jimmy Johnson, Cowher, Parcells - No way for obvious reasons.
Turner - wrong offense
Carrol - best recruiting year yet with great class coming back.

They might get Mariucci or Rivera (but the 4-3), but I have a feeling their fans will be dissapointed, even the ones that hate Martyball.

I suspect they have someone lined up already, otherwise this is insane.
At this point, unless they go college, Ryan in Baltimore is the only one that makes sense.

from kffl:

Chargers | Zimmer to interview
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:18:41 -0800
Updating a previous report, Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the San Diego Chargers will interview Atlanta Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer regarding their head coaching vacancy, according to an NFL source. Zimmer, who had spent the last seven years as the defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys, was recently hired in the same capacity with the Falcons this year.

Back
Top Bottom