Schulters & Ty Law | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schulters & Ty Law

I would rather have Schulters because Ty Law doesn't want to sign a one year deal.

I think Saban has control in this situation. If another team is closer to signing Schulters, it'll be because Saban isn't matching the offer. Schulters said he likes our system in place and I think that if Saban truely thinks he'll be effective, he'll be able to facilitate his entry.

ckparrothead said:
We're not a Lance Schulters & Ty Law away from the Super Bowl. Law would only be here probably one year, and you really have to beg the question if we're not a Ty Law away from the Super Bowl, why sign him or why not let Travis Daniels start and see if he really does have the physical skills to hang with the pros.

Lance Schulters on the other hand, could be our starting FS for a few years. But, his situation is similar to Sammy Knight, and Sammy never brought the pain and the turnover abilities he had in New Orleans with us. He was average. Better to find a home grown or a truly special player at safety, than to find a guy who made a name elsewhere and see if he can bring that to a new system.

100% agree SMART post

ckparrothead said:
We're not a Lance Schulters & Ty Law away from the Super Bowl. Law would only be here probably one year, and you really have to beg the question if we're not a Ty Law away from the Super Bowl, why sign him or why not let Travis Daniels start and see if he really does have the physical skills to hang with the pros.

Lance Schulters on the other hand, could be our starting FS for a few years. But, his situation is similar to Sammy Knight, and Sammy never brought the pain and the turnover abilities he had in New Orleans with us. He was average. Better to find a home grown or a truly special player at safety, than to find a guy who made a name elsewhere and see if he can bring that to a new system.
I agree about Law. Schulters I am still torn on. I agree if we have a 'truly special player' that is home grown, but I am just nervous about playing an unknown... In all reality, I have confidence in Saban's evaluting ability on defense. He will do what is best for the team.

Back
Top Bottom