• Yes

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

Dolfan954

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For those who don't know, he's in control of personnel @ NE. We can't talk to him until the Patriots are out of contention. Should we wait for him? He's under contract, but I think we should wait for him because he's highly regarded as one of the top personnel evaulators in the league. All you have to do is look at the Pats over the years.

And please, no talk about luck. Yeah, they've had their share of luck, as with any team, but you don't go 14-2 without being good.

No. He might not be interested in us. Also, the sooner we get a GM, the better. If we wait for him and then he rejects us, we will be screwed.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
No. He might not be interested in us. Also, the sooner we get a GM, the better. If we wait for him and then he rejects us, we will be screwed.
True. I read an article about it. The article is in another thread from a few weeks ago. I don't remember the link, sorry. I don't believe we would get him anyway because the Pats are pretty high on keeping him, but it would be worth it to try anyway. The Senior Bowl isn't until Jan. 24th (http://www.seniorbowl.com/), so I think we should wait at least one week. That way, if the Pats lose in the AFC Championship Game, then we could take a stab at him them. Otherwise, it makes no sense not to have the GM in place for the Senior Bowl.

Originally posted by massfinfan
scru him. can't stand the pats.
So you wouldn't want him as GM even though he's highly regarded as one of the best talent evaluators around just because he works for the Pats now? I guess we should get rid of T-Buck too since he played for the Pats. :rolleyes:

Look at Pioli's draft record.............He has NONE...............

They do things as a committee with BB and everybody else.......

Screw him............

Originally posted by Section126
Look at Pioli's draft record.............He has NONE...............

They do things as a committee with BB and everybody else.......

Screw him............
126, you always make everything clearer. ;)

I was under the impression that we was the director of personnel. No? Oh well, screw him and the Pats. :drinkers:

I hope they hire Tim Ruskell based on ckparrothead's excellent breakdown.

If the Dolphins push the issue to interview Pioli the Patriots may have to give him a promotion just not to give us the opportunity. If Pioli interviews well, fits in our organization and is hired we will have really hurt the N.E. organization. Besides this guy has experience of finding players that don't break the cap and are ballers.

Originally posted by Dolfan954
For those who don't know, he's in control of personnel @ NE. We can't talk to him until the Patriots are out of contention. Should we wait for him? He's under contract, but I think we should wait for him because he's highly regarded as one of the top personnel evaulators in the league. All you have to do is look at the Pats over the years.

And please, no talk about luck. Yeah, they've had their share of luck, as with any team, but you don't go 14-2 without being good.
'

:goof: How many candidates for the GM postition do you think the Dolphins should interview???

I think that the Dolphin f-o has been more than fair in their search for the right GM ! But after 9 or 10 interviews I cannot believe that there isn't a candidate that is qualified for the position ..

:confused:

Marino1983

I believe the Dolphins will find their man today.

Ted Thompson has a very impressive bio. He comes from the Ron Wolf school of scouting and hiring him probably gives Miami the best chance to bring Wolf on board as senior consultant.

Over the past four years, Thompson has run the draft for Seattle as the VP of Football Operations. Seattle has drafted 40 players. 29 are still with the team. Of those 29, 10 are starters on the team. This year, Seattle placed three players on the all rookie team, more than any other team in the league.

No.

Not worth the wait, and Savage is *much* better at finding talent.

Re: Re: Scott Pioli: Should We Wait for Him?

Originally posted by Marino1983

'

:goof: How many candidates for the GM postition do you think the Dolphins should interview???

I think that the Dolphin f-o has been more than fair in their search for the right GM ! But after 9 or 10 interviews I cannot believe that there isn't a candidate that is qualified for the position ..

:confused:

Marino1983
The objective of interviewing a candidate for any job isn't just interviewing x number of guys. You bring in whoever you believe is highly qualified and go from there.

And who's to say Pioli wouldn't end up grading out better? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Scott Pioli: Should We Wait for Him?

Originally posted by Dolfan954

The objective of interviewing a candidate for any job isn't just interviewing x number of guys. You bring in whoever you believe is highly qualified and go from there.

And who's to say Pioli wouldn't end up grading out better? :rolleyes:

And after say interviewing 10 to 15 candidates the f-o makes up their minds,, but yet another name get's thrown into the mix..:rolleyes:

When does the search end ?

There probably are 1000's of f-o people throughout the league that could possibly be more qualified then the people that have been brought in for interviews..

But does that mean that a team has to endlessly search for a better candidate ?

:rolleyes2

:shakeno:

Marino1983

pats wont let us interview him anyway, plus wed have to wait another week at the earliest to interview him.. not worth it, we have a bunch of guys, several who are more than qualified im sure.

One thing that you have to realize about Pioli is that he has never been out of the Bill Parcells system. How much of the Patriots success is due to the fact that Belichick and Pioli are on the exact same page when it comes to the type of personnel they want?

Will he be any good if he comes into a situation where the philosophy is different and different attributes are wanted in players?

Back
Top Bottom