Scott Pioli | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scott Pioli

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Reaction score
With all the GM talk I'm wondering why nobody is talking about one of the best in the business...
Someone who knows the AFC east well...Scott Pioli...Talk about track record !!! This guy has been one of the shrewdest capologists and talent evaluator (of course with B.B's help) these last few years...I understand the Pats are still in the playoffs and he has a excellent relationship with B.B but he should at least be considered...
Also regarding the other candidates i'd be wary of Ruskell Savage and Mueller...I might be wrong but can't we assume most decisions in TB were made by Rich Mckay and Gruden ??..A bit of the same goes for Phil Savage..It might be the press but i've always thought the man behind the draft picks in Baltimore was Ozzie Newsome.Also most people point out Jamal Lewis, Mcalister Ed Reed all the great picks...But people tend to forget these guys have been through cap jail, have been playing QB carousel for a few years and had the distinction of not seeing Priest Holmes was one of the most talented backs in the NFL(granted they had Jamal Lewis but still)...
As for Mueller i always thought he pulled the trigger way to easily in NO...It seemed as if he was always overhauling personnel and was never satisfied...Did he help the Saints in the short run? Probably but always tinkering with personnel and having rifts with ownership and the coach is not what we need...
Ron Wolf would definately be my choice with Spielman being groomed (after Pioli)...

Savage scouted a lot of the players, they have a ton of talent from their picks and the most room under the cap in the entire NFL, even if ozzie is da man, i'm sure savage played a little role and learned a thing or two

Pioli isn't the capoligist. That's Andy Wascynuk job. Plus Pioli is under contract for the next 3 years with specific language in the contract stating that he can't leave for a GM job without the Patriots permission. I doubt the Pats would even grant Miami permission to talk to him.

No one is talking about Scott Pioli because he's not going to be available for an interview until the second week of February and we can't wait that long.

Well, let's at least wait and see if they lose this week. If they don't then we gotta move on, but if so at least explore it.

Originally posted by tylaw4president
Pioli isn't the capoligist. That's Andy Wascynuk job. Plus Pioli is under contract for the next 3 years with specific language in the contract stating that he can't leave for a GM job without the Patriots permission. I doubt the Pats would even grant Miami permission to talk to him.

It was my understanding that the Pats already denied permission and the Dophins brought the matter up with the league office. The Pats may have to give Pioli a promotion to deny the Dolphins a chance to steal him away.

Back
Top Bottom