Scout.com: Top 25 Recruiting Classes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scout.com: Top 25 Recruiting Classes

We also have 4 star QB Jevan Snead (White guy who runs a 4.6) who is ranked 4th in the nation

HysterikiLL said:
We also have 4 star QB Jevan Snead (White guy who runs a 4.6) who is ranked 4th in the nation

I've heard of him, he was thinking about Florida early on, before the Tebow talk heated up.

HysterikiLL said:
Fear us, still. Eddie Jones and Sergio Kindle (Best LB in the freakin' nation) are two MONSTERS to grab a spot on our defense. Also, look out for our 3 four star DBs, 2 4 star WRs and a whole bunch of other goodies!

:lol: Still won't crack the top 5 next season at best. :tongue:

How good is VY's replacement?

SpeedRush99 said:
:lol: Still won't crack the top 5 next season at best. :tongue:

How good is VY's replacement?

We've got a pretty nice young kid coming up called Colt McCoy who will be VY's successor. 6'3'' freshman. I don't know too much about him and have seen only little, but he looks pretty fast for a white guy. He runs track and played point guard in high school, so I'd say he's no Chad Pennington. Here are some stats...

two-time Associated Press 2A Offensive MVP and first-team all-state selection … two-time Texas Sports Writers Association first-team all-state … completed 536-of-849 passes (63.1%) for 9,344 yards and 116 TDs in his career … ranks as the all-time leading passer in Texas 2A history and is fourth overall in Texas high school history … the 116 TDs stands second in Texas prep history … also rushed 206 times for 1,575 yards and 21 TDs … named All-West Texas MVP covering all classes in 2004

He's had some good accomplishments considering how competitive Texas football is.

HysterikiLL said:
We've got a pretty nice young kid coming up called Colt McCoy who will be VY's successor. 6'3'' freshman. I don't know too much about him and have seen only little, but he looks pretty fast for a white guy. He runs track and played point guard in high school, so I'd say he's no Chad Pennington. Here are some stats...

He's had some good accomplishments considering how competitive Texas football is.

Can't think of a better name for a Texas QB than Colt McCoy. :D

DolphinDevil28 said:
So will OU's QB be "James Hetfield?"

...oh wait, he's in Metallica.

How funny would that be!

not to burst anyone's bubble, but this rating system is barely above mediocre. For years now, rivals has had the superior rating system.

Their top 10 is based on quality of recruits more than mere number of recruits. As of right now, their top 10 is:

1. Fla. (solid #1)
2. Texas
3a. USC(rising)
3b. Notre Dame
5. Georgia
6. LSU
7. Fla. St.
8. Oklahoma
9. Alabama
10. UCLA

those just out include penn st (rising), auburn (falling), michigan, etc.

Also a good recruiting yr. for Arizona & the "other Stoops."

Some of the teams on this list are barely even in rivals top 25, folks. If you love college football enough, I'd urge you to join your team's page on rivals.com. It's the best money I've spent on football-related stuff (or anything other than an engagement ring) in a while!

Kev83 said:
not to burst anyone's bubble, but this rating system is barely above mediocre. For years now, rivals has had the superior rating system.

Their top 10 is based on quality of recruits more than mere number of recruits. As of right now, their top 10 is:

1. Fla. (solid #1)
2. Texas
3a. USC(rising)
3b. Notre Dame
5. Georgia
6. LSU
7. Fla. St.
8. Oklahoma
9. Alabama
10. UCLA

those just out include penn st (rising), auburn (falling), michigan, etc.

Also a good recruiting yr. for Arizona & the "other Stoops."

Some of the teams on this list are barely even in rivals top 25, folks. If you love college football enough, I'd urge you to join your team's page on rivals.com. It's the best money I've spent on football-related stuff (or anything other than an engagement ring) in a while!

:goof: Still #1

Any update on the current top 10 recruiting class?

Rumor is Vidal Hazleton might make a switchy. ;)

Philter25 said:
Any update on the current top 10 recruiting class?

Rumor is Vidal Hazleton might make a switchy. ;)

On Rivals I believe the top 5 is

Florida
Texas
Notre Dame
USC
Penn State

PSU got 3 big time recruits yesterday in Pat Devlin,Antonio Logan-EL, and Phillip Taylor to go along with a class that was solidly in the top 10.

Vidal Hazleton is going to take another visit to PSU this weekend (is good friends with Devlin), and might switch his commitment.

shhhhhhhhhhh (dont tell anyone, but I already knew that ;) hence the winky in my last post)

PSU is creeping up the recruiting charts. If Anthony Morelli can play solid next year at QB, PSU might have a chance of going toe to toe with OSU for the Big10 again this year.

Back
Top Bottom