Scout.com's Top High School Recruits | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scout.com's Top High School Recruits

Update: Arrelious Benn, who seemed like a lock to ND before Zook got his evil claws on him, just committed to Illinois.

DonShula84 said:
Update: Arrelious Benn, who seemed like a lock to ND before Zook got his evil claws on him, just committed to Illinois.

recruiting ratings for the most part are a little overratted...Justin Zwick was the #1 player in Ohio and he's second fiddle to a guy who was almost not recruited that was considered an athlete.....U want to have a top 10-15 class but who's no.1 is never really decided until 4 years later.

DBoston80 said:
recruiting ratings for the most part are a little overratted...Justin Zwick was the #1 player in Ohio and he's second fiddle to a guy who was almost not recruited that was considered an athlete.....U want to have a top 10-15 class but who's no.1 is never really decided until 4 years later.

True. I still dont like the idea of losing highly rated players to Illinios of all places but the actual rankings arent the end all be all.

DonShula84 said:
True. I still dont like the idea of losing highly rated players to Illinios of all places but the actual rankings arent the end all be all.

Yeah I dont care how Miami's recruiting class is rated, but I hate losing top notch players and settling for 3 star players to fill the void of a 5 star athlete

Damn Coker driving kids away :(

Alex44 said:
Yeah I dont care how Miami's recruiting class is rated, but I hate losing top notch players and settling for 3 star players to fill the void of a 5 star athlete

They shoulda just went ahead and abolished the Miami program years ago like they had planned:evil: :evil: ..j/k by the way before you get to upset and yell at your sister or something.

DBoston80 said:

bit of a difference though. Benn has got all the tools in the world. Zwick, while a good high school QB, had no confidence. When he started most of the games for you guys 2 years ago, I don't think he ever looked very comfortable... or maybe that could've been because Ginn,Pittman, and Gonzo didn't get meaningfull PT until Smith became starter.

Devine will either go to LSU or Michigan, bank on it.

Caleb King, either Auburn or GTech (just a hunch).

Marvin Austin is a bit harder to judge, he's not going to ND or Florida State. IMO he's either a Trojan or a Cane. HOWEVER, if Illinois can get Benn,Wilson, and Hughes I think he joins them

Alex44 said:

The U has some good players so far, just not a lot of recruits yet. Florida is cleaning up. ND has taken some kids out of the state but it's a battle to get them away from Meyer. Hopefully Armando Allen picks ND over UF because we need him more!

I was surprised to see Benn go to Illinois. I thought ND had him locked up. He looks like he'll be good, but I like this Tolliver kid more. I hope he commits to Texas or Oklahoma

HysterikiLL said:
I was surprised to see Benn go to Illinois. I thought ND had him locked up. He looks like he'll be good, but I like this Tolliver kid more. I hope he commits to Texas or Oklahoma

people thought that, but he's said since last year he'd go wherever Vontae Edwards (Freshman CB for Illinois, attended Benn's high school, and is Vernon Davis' brother) went.

The Illini are building a nice team with Juice, Cumberland, and Davis who are all true freshmen this year, they've got some very good looking sophomores as well. Plus you add Benn, and possibly 3-4 more big time recruits, and you've got a nice young team.

Granted, even with these recruiting classes they won't be competing for a Big 10 title for another year or two when Ohio State and Michigan are both going to be in somewhat of rebuilding years. But even then, they'll have to compete with Penn State (who's freshman class this year should get more PT)

DonShula84 said:
The U has some good players so far, just not a lot of recruits yet. Florida is cleaning up. ND has taken some kids out of the state but it's a battle to get them away from Meyer. Hopefully Armando Allen picks ND over UF because we need him more!

Armando Allen is going to commit to UF :tantrum: Though I assume this means Caleb King is out and Devine who visited UF this weekend.

With Armando Allen going to UF, I wonder if Devine will rule them out. I still think he's going to become a Criminole, but I thought Florida could nab him. I don't see him going to ND though Don....the night life isn't lively enough. What's he going to do, get arrested for dealing corn and lumber?

Back
Top Bottom