Scouts: AFC East points of attack | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouts: AFC East points of attack

DoLpHiNz34

122.10.5!!!
Reaction score
SCOUTS said:
Miami Dolphins

For a team that expects to be a contender in 2004, the Dolphins have loads of instability at quarterback. Head coach Dave Wannstedt has publicly stated the race for the starting position is wide open between A.J. Feeley and Jay Fiedler, but the job appears to be Feeley’s to lose. Feeley has great potential, but putting a veteran offense in his hands for a full season should be more than a little unnerving for the Dolphins.

The offensive line is also an area of concern. ROG Greg Jerman and ROT John St. Clair are journeymen players more suited to be backups. It’s critical that versatile 2004 first-round pick Vernon Carey nails down the starting job at either position.

The Dolphins may very well enter the season with a former No. 3 quarterback playing behind an offensive line with a rookie starting at right tackle and a second-year player in Wade Smith starting at left tackle.

They did all 4 teams but I didn't have time to type em all up.

SCOUTS INC said:
ROG Greg Jerman and ROT John St. Clair are journeymen players more suited to be backups.

Geez, they need to give Jerman a little bit of a break..don't ya think? Not only is he just 25, but he's only been on ONE team. It's a bit premature to label him as a "journeyman" already.

SCOUTS INC said:
The Dolphins may very well enter the season with a former No. 3 quarterback.

Here's Scout Inc's write up of the 1999 Rams..

SCOUTS INC said:
The Rams may very well enter the season with a former supermarket bag-boy in Kurt Warner.

:goof:

Gladsadmad said:
Geez, they need to give Jerman a little bit of a break..don't ya think? Not only is he just 25, but he's only been on ONE team. It's a bit premature to label him as a "journeyman" already.

Great piece of reporting there. :shakeno:

Sporting News : Many veterans have questioned Careys work ethic, a bad sign for a guy who is supposed to be a magor factor in revitalizing the line.

Whats up with Carey?

DoLpHiNz34 said:

They did all 4 teams but I didn't have time to type em all up.
1. Highlight article
2. Right click highlighted material and select copy
3. click here, http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=40842
4. Right click in a new post, and select paste

Save yourself some time typing and use some technology! :D

EDIT: It might not be a big deal to you, but the "copyright police" stay on our rear ends. Muck

NLude33 said:
1. Highlight article
2. Right click highlighted material and select copy
3. click here, http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=40842
4. Right click in a new post, and select paste

Save yourself some time typing and use some technology! :D

Obviously,I would've but those bastards at ESPN are pretty clever and I couldn't select any part of the article.:( It was like a read only or something....I even tried putting it in pdf and playing with it in acrobat and I couldn't. I'm not too good w/acrobat but I tried everything I could.:confused:

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Obviously,I would've but those bastards at ESPN are pretty clever and I couldn't select any part of the article.:( It was like a read only or something....I even tried putting it in pdf and playing with it in acrobat and I couldn't. I'm not too good w/acrobat but I tried everything I could.:confused:
:roflmao: I was j/k anyway.....tried to be funny!

The word "journeyman" doesn't have a negative connotation. It just means a guy who has been around more than a green rookie, but less than a veteran.

The diss is when he says St. Clair and Jerman are guys that are best suited for backup duties...but, can you really disagree? Is either the long-term answer at the position? I hope not...Everything they say is true. Miami could end up with a former 3rd string QB throwing behind a 2nd year left tackle and a rookie right tackle. But heck, last year we had a former out-of-football Hoftra assistant quarterbacks coach throwing behind a rookie LEFT tackle...so a little perspective is a good thing.

Good stuff Lude. How the hell did you get it to work? I'm at work and we're pretty heavily restricted but I don't know if it had anything to do with it.

ckparrothead said:
The word "journeyman" doesn't have a negative connotation. It just means a guy who has been around more than a green rookie, but less than a veteran.

That may not be the dictionary definition, but usually when the word journeyman is used in a sports context..it has a negative connotation. It is intended to describe a player who bounces around the league and doesn't have the skills necessary to stay in one place for an extended period of time.

ckparrothead said:
The diss is when he says St. Clair and Jerman are guys that are best suited for backup duties...but, can you really disagree? Is either the long-term answer at the position? I hope not...Everything they say is true.

How do you know it's true? Just because people say so? I agree about St.Clair because he's been given a chance to play for several seasons and he hasn't performed at a high level. How do know for sure that Jerman is best suited as a backup? You don't know that...I don't know that..nobody knows until he's given a chance to prove if he can win a starting job. He's only 25 for crying out loud! All I'm saying is give the guy a chance before you say that he's "backup" material only.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Good stuff Lude. How the hell did you get it to work? I'm at work and we're pretty heavily restricted but I don't know if it had anything to do with it.
I viewed the HTML code in word, and then I could copy and paste it! :D

I'm a nerd. :shakeno:

Two of the teams mentioned will be susceptible to three wide sets.Do you think we will use 3 WR sets when Dave has already stated that we will not ?(Most of the time).I guess you could consider a double TE formation as a 3 wide.

Back
Top Bottom