Scouts: AFC East points of attack | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouts: AFC East points of attack

McGee and Thomas are not good CB's?

:roflmao: :lol:

What a bunch of idiots. McGee was simply brilliant as a rookie last year. 2 INT's playing NCB for the last 8 games. He shutdown his recievers but he didn't just play the other teams #3. Against the Jets he covered Santana Moss for most of the game and played him very well. The CBS guys even isolated that matchup all game and showed it on replays b/c they thought he would get destroyed and were surprised when they saw how fluid he was in coverage and how Moss quick cuts didn't phase him. He also had an INT that game. Another game I should mention is the one vs Indy. He held Marvin Harrison to 47 yards recieving. He was covering Marvin so that Winfield could cover the slot (soemthing he is tremendous at, and with Peyton at QB you better cver that as we saw in the playoffs) and Clements could handle Reggie Wayne. Also, Harrsison still had the hammy issue at that point, but still, it's Marvin!

Before we lost Winfield, their were rumors that we would go into the season with McGee as the other CB and thent when Troy came for a visit they talked about him shifting to FS.... he must have done something right if they weren't afraid to make him a starter. If we had not gotten Vincent we would not have signed a #2 CB, we would have signed a #3.

I'll give them Thomas, he is still raw and unproven.... but he is a ballhawk and serves the Dime CB role very nicely because he isn't asked to play much since we rarely go with 6 DB's.

CrunchTime said:
Two of the teams mentioned will be susceptible to three wide sets.Do you think we will use 3 WR sets when Dave has already stated that we will not ?(Most of the time).I guess you could consider a double TE formation as a 3 wide.
ONE*

Go ahead and get 3 WR out there, that only makes our team better. It plays into our speed advantage and gets the best players on the field. (Denney out; Posey out as LB; Gildon/Kelsay/Posey at DE)

MOULDSROCKS said:
ONE*

Go ahead and get 3 WR out there, that only makes our team better. It plays into our speed advantage and gets the best players on the field. (Denney out; Posey out as LB; Gildon/Kelsay/Posey at DE)

SWEEP!

Oliver...

ckparrothead said:
The word "journeyman" doesn't have a negative connotation. It just means a guy who has been around more than a green rookie, but less than a veteran.

The diss is when he says St. Clair and Jerman are guys that are best suited for backup duties...but, can you really disagree? Is either the long-term answer at the position? I hope not...Everything they say is true. Miami could end up with a former 3rd string QB throwing behind a 2nd year left tackle and a rookie right tackle. But heck, last year we had a former out-of-football Hoftra assistant quarterbacks coach throwing behind a rookie LEFT tackle...so a little perspective is a good thing.

I agree Parrot.
Everything they said is right on and is FACT.

Regardless of the roving bands of post only positives and bash anyone with an objective point of view posters that frequent here, some important positions on this team are in fact BIG question marks.

The play of the OL and QB positions hold the key to whether this team is 8-8 or whether it's a super bowl contender.

Please do not post loads of copyrighted material here. We are watched.

Trekbiz said:
I agree Parrot.
Everything they said is right on and is FACT.

...some important positions on this team are in fact BIG question marks.

How do you know it's FACT? Just because people say so? They didn't say that Jerman was a question mark. If they did, then I would definitely agree.

There's a difference between saying that a guy (Greg Jerman) is a question mark (which he is) and saying that he's a backup at best. How do know for sure that Jerman is best suited as a backup? You don't know that...I don't know that..nobody knows until he's given a chance to prove if he can win a starting job. He's only 25 for crying out loud! All I'm saying is give the guy a chance before you say that he's "backup" material only.

Moulds Thomas had a very good rookie year in 02 somewhat dropped off the map in 03, hopefully he can rebound.

Back
Top Bottom