scrimmage from a different view | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

scrimmage from a different view

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
hi everyone, i am new to the board and i regularly post on dolfantalk.com.
here are my thoughts on the scrimmage today.
Konrad-still dropping passes, cought a nice one over the middle and got racked.
Lucas- was not very good although his mechanics looked good on the drop backs and seemed to step up in the pocket nice. had a really nice TD pass to chambers. Lucas will be fine.
Levcik- seems to have more control and confidence, he will be our 3rd string QB
Brent smith- my feelings about Smith are coming to roost. I simply feel that Spriggs will be better. Spriggs did very well aginst kearse and Carter last year. Spriggs will start.
Jamie Nails- he is a keeper, on one pass play,i locked in on Nails and his guy didnt even budge him one iota. it was kind of funny really.
Seth Mckinney- a keeper fursure
Ricky Williams-not much to see other than a nice run up the middle and bulled over a pile. he will wear guys down for sure.
Leonard Henry- nice runs, nice vision, better than Lamar Smith IMO. needs more reps. i dont see him as a PS guy. i see him as a 4th RB
Kustok- the duck he threw was weird. the run he ran was nice. he will be PS.
DEf. Line- overall was great other than the first drive. it seems the whole team was not together on those first drives on both sides of the ball. they were obviously taking it easy with no tackling but just "touch" football. i wouldnt read to much into the TD by Tenesee.
Henry Taylor- has made the team IMO., he was the quickest linemen i saw out there. he was in the backfield alot. i think he is an ancient chinese secret.
jay williams- im all smiles, Daryl Gardener who?
JT_ well JT
Zach- couldnt care less what he didnt do today, it just doesnt matter!
Justin Severns- a keeper! this kid can play. no PS!!!!! there were scouts there today. kid is an animal and he has long hair. FREAK!
Jamar Fletcher- not overly impressive but not screwing up either.
Jason Moore- who? had an INT. luck isnt everything ya know. but he did not play out of position thats for sure.
Pat Surtain- good
Arturo Freeman- good

overall i think people read to much into this stuff. come two weeks from now, things will be much different. it is early and there a alot of guys who really werent playing on first team just like last year. we were just getting our toes wet. but i think we will be airing the ball this year more. i think Brent smith will get cut, i just dont have any confidence in him cus of his injury history and he makes 1.5 mil. James Mcdrop may also see a pink slip. too late to call chris carter out? i know he doesnt drop many footballs. geez, some serious guys might get cut here and give us some money to spend. Konrad still does not impress me but i will give him some more time but nothing i have seen out of konrad other than a few great plays but absolutely no consistancy.

sorry forgot someone

Randy Mcmicheal was good. he has alot to offer in open field. he will defenitely be norvs guy. :D

Welcome to the boards finfan54 and thanks for the review!

If you have any questions about how to use a feature or whatever, plese let me know through a post or PM (personal message).

Let me know, and thanks for stopping by!

Releasing McKnight would be a mistake!!! I would bet the farm that either(or both) Ward and OG will get hurt again this year!!! Unless there is someone better out there for us to sign(which there prob isnt anymore) then we are stuck with McDrops!!! So unless u want ogden out there as our(potentially) #2 reciever then we cant cut McKnight.

I agree with that, releasing McKnight would be counter-productive. At the very least he's a capable backup and I think he still needs to be given more of a chance to get into a comfort zone this season. I actually would have been ok with McKnight starting because he strikes me as the kind of player that does his best work when he's allowed to get into a rhythm and a comfort zone during the season, not one who can come in during limited action and make the best of it. OG on the other hand, I know that he can come in on limited action and make the best of it, he's proved it before when he wasn't starting. Its funny how people call him a "possession" guy just cuz he's slow-footed. I remember an Oronde Gadsden who would come in during limited action and end up catching long bombs from Dan Marino because he was single covered. Norv likes his WRs to average about 16 yards per catch, so I look forward to Norv using OG's play-making talents rather than as a possession receiver.

Thanks for the analysis finfan54. But I just have one question...you say that everyone is reading way too much into the scrimmage yet you're willing to toss Brent Smith to the garbage heap after the scrimmage. Pot calling the kettle black?

I would have liked to see Ward opposite Chambers...that guy runs a nice route and is great in the clutch!!! Actually i reallly would have loved to see McDuffie opposite of Chambers:(

Originally posted by stan marino
Releasing McKnight would be a mistake!!! I would bet the farm that either(or both) Ward and OG will get hurt again this year!!! Unless there is someone better out there for us to sign(which there prob isnt anymore) then we are stuck with McDrops!!! So unless u want ogden out there as our(potentially) #2 reciever then we cant cut McKnight.

i just said chris carter. dont tell me if you gave him mcnights money, he wouldnt just jump right up and put his workout clothes on and head down the street to camp. anyways, i dont think mcnight will actually get cut. but i watched a few tapes of games from last year and he plays too loosely with his hands. he simply cannot catch the ball! what good does he do us? he cant knock someone on his ass. at this point i would be willing to put some confidence in some of the other guys, like Sanford or the other guy. at least they cought there balls. and BTW, has ogden dropped many balls playing WR? i havent seen many. kick returns yes, but not recieving. i dont know why everyone disses Ogden so much, he has come through in the clutch as a WR many times and maybe simmons gets the ST job so ogden can concentrate on being a sneaky reciever.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I agree with that, releasing McKnight would be counter-productive. At the very least he's a capable backup and I think he still needs to be given more of a chance to get into a comfort zone this season. I actually would have been ok with McKnight starting because he strikes me as the kind of player that does his best work when he's allowed to get into a rhythm and a comfort zone during the season, not one who can come in during limited action and make the best of it. OG on the other hand, I know that he can come in on limited action and make the best of it, he's proved it before when he wasn't starting. Its funny how people call him a "possession" guy just cuz he's slow-footed. I remember an Oronde Gadsden who would come in during limited action and end up catching long bombs from Dan Marino because he was single covered. Norv likes his WRs to average about 16 yards per catch, so I look forward to Norv using OG's play-making talents rather than as a possession receiver.

Thanks for the analysis finfan54. But I just have one question...you say that everyone is reading way too much into the scrimmage yet you're willing to toss Brent Smith to the garbage heap after the scrimmage. Pot calling the kettle black?

I was basically refering to the younger guys on the team. Brent smith and James mcdrop are vets. Brent smith is someone i believed in two years ago when Webb left. after yesterday, he just has too much to overcome. It is just a prediction on my part. Spriggs will defeinitly be better. Smith did nothing to show me yesterday that showed he was back full. so what makes you think he will be back full in two weeks? he is a vet. he should not be looking so slow at LT im sorry. If everyone here likes brent smith, they will only pay the price later and regret. i see it coming like a bad habit. the injuries over the last couple of years are wearing him down. he wont last all season. if the plan is to go with him for 6 games till he beats out then spriggs takes over, by playoff time we will be right back to square one. if they are going to move Dixon to left tackle, they better do it soon! otherwise forget it. we will have the same problem. BE bold! get some more money for when we need it. but i know what will happen, smith will get the nod from Wanny, and then watch the prob unfold. as far as calling the kettle black, well, some things ar ejust to obvious, and veterans should be able to bounce back, its not like they are deers in headlights.

Isn't Freeman still available from Greenbay..????

Back
Top Bottom