Sean Smith heading to prison | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith heading to prison

Him and Vontae just seemed like two weird dudes that we drafted.

Add that to the Snake Martin fiasco, we sure do pick level headed guys.

Hopefully whatever shrink was on the payroll at the time has been replaced. Mental evaluations seem to escape this team.

"Oakland Raiders cornerback Sean Smith will plead guilty to a felony count of assault and be sentenced to a year in prison and three years’ probation, according to the Los Angeles Times. Smith will also be released from the team.

Smith faced up to seven years in prison on charges stemming from a July 4 fight in Pasadena. Smith severely injured Christopher Woods, then Smith’s sister’s boyfriend, inflicting multiple facial fractures and other injuries. Smith was accused of stomping Woods’ head as Woods lay unconscious, according to the Times."

https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-sean-smith-sentenced-year-jail-cut-team-172450596.html

Holy crap, reading into the police report. Sean Smith nearly killed this dude.

"Doctors inserted a metal plate and screws underneath his right eye and conducted reconstructive surgery on his left eye socket to repair five facial fractures. Woods also tore his left anterior cruciate ligament, suffers from blurry vision and believes his injuries will require more surgery.

Witnesses testified they saw a man they identified as Smith stomp the head of Christopher Woods as he lay bleeding and unconscious near the corner of Colorado Boulevard and Arroyo Parkway"

He was defending his sister, but went American History X on the dude.

I was wondering what led up to this. Example if this guy was beating his sister, I have no prob with what he did.

Smith went a bit far but apparently the guy Woods was not a very good man to his sister. I have been in that situation and violence is never the answer but I did take some revenge out on the guy who had abused my sister.

Smith went a bit far but apparently the guy Woods was not a very good man to his sister. I have been in that situation and violence is never the answer but I did take some revenge out on the guy who had abused my sister.
Violent sport tends to violent results some times. I M O

I could see someone defending their sister for sure, but they say he almost killed the guy.........I don't know.

I was wondering what led up to this. Example if this guy was beating his sister, I have no prob with what he did.

Once a guy is on the ground unconscious you've more than made your point clear. You don't stomp on the head of an unconscious guy, he's lucky they didn't charge him with attempted murder because I bet it was concidered by the DA.

It's not so much that violence isn't the answer (putting someone in prison for a long time against their will is essentially a violent act), it's just that for good reasons it wasn't Smith's decision to make. He could use violence to protect his sister or anyone else from a direct and immediate threat, but that's not what happened here. What he did is really just a form of lynching.

Back
Top Bottom