**Season Opener: New York Giants vs Washington Redskins Game Thread** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Season Opener: New York Giants vs Washington Redskins Game Thread**

I don't know about Campbell. He had a lot of potential, he has a huge arm and can be accurate at times. But he doesn't look very good; kind of looks like Cleo Lemon out there.

Atleast they have another potential QB in Colt Brennan; I just wonder how long the Redskins are going to wait for Campbell. Maybe this season and another season to learn Zorn's West coast offense, I'm not sure.

I don't think they would give Brennan a chance for atleast another year or two.

Pennington's our Qb, but watching that game it was like it was designed for Chad. Going into a game knowing a Qb's limitations is one thing; not working with a Qb's strength and the WR strength is another thing. The Giants dline looked very good. Though it looked great up the middle and the secondary. Jacobs is a stud but the style he runs he's going to miss a few games. I'm as big of an Eli fan as their is but he takes alot of time and when he makes mistakes it seems like he and wr's aren't on the same page.

Gilbride has failed as a hc but I think he's a good OC and Spagnolo will be a HC next year.

Eli Manning is another dude that kind of looks lost out there at times. The guy is still in his 5th season now, but jeez, he still hasn't had a season where he complete's atleast 60% of his pass attempts. His career average is a lousy 54.7%; last season he completed 56% of his passes. His touchdown/INT ratio is pretty crappy as well, and those INT's he throws are usually really stupid throws.

Not to mention he hasn't improved in that area either. Every year he has thrown more and more interceptions. Last year was his career high at 20 INT's; match that up with his 23 Touchdowns, and that's almost a 1/1 ratio.

He had a great fourth quarter in the Super Bowl, but come on now, it's time to be consistent. Going into the 5th freaking year. Hope he's not Trent Dilfer, he's a much better QB than that if he can cut down the mental mistakes and make more smarter decisions.

Eli Manning is another dude that kind of looks lost out there at times. The guy is still in his 5th season now, but jeez, he still hasn't had a season where he complete's atleast 60% of his pass attempts. His career average is a lousy 54.7%; last season he completed 56% of his passes. His touchdown/INT ratio is pretty crappy as well, and those INT's he throws are usually really stupid throws.

Not to mention he hasn't improved in that area either. Every year he has thrown more and more interceptions. Last year was his career high at 20 INT's; match that up with his 23 Touchdowns, and that's almost a 1/1 ratio.

He had a great fourth quarter in the Super Bowl, but come on now, it's time to be consistent. Going into the 5th freaking year. Hope he's not Trent Dilfer, he's a much better QB than that if he can cut down the mental mistakes and make more smarter decisions.

He'll be fine. You know very well he plays much better on the road. :D

I actually think Eli looks a lot better now than he did ever did, even in last nights game. I'm obviously no scout, but to me Eli never really looked like he had any kind of poise in the pocket, but last night he was making some great throws, getting rid of the ball without taking a sack, he even looked more mobile. I see the Giants a lot too so i've seen plenty of the AWFUL Eli.

Eli does force the ball sometimes but to me it seems like when he makes mistakes he's not on the same page as his wideouts. Case in point when the pass to toomer that should've been picked in the endzone when Toomer quit running. Also he made another mental mistake on that drive when he took the delay of game which took it to 3rd and 9 rather than 3rd and 4. Considering he had to burn a to earlier in the drive because of the clock that's just a mental mistake.

I posted I liked Gilbride's playcalling but I didn't understand why they took Jacobs out on a 3rd and short situation and ran with Ward during the game

Back
Top Bottom