SEC Players? LSU Players? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SEC Players? LSU Players?

tmny99

Glory Glory to Ole Georgia
Reaction score
For all you draft gurus and draftniks, what players in the SEC do you think Saban will target? And what LSU players do you see Saban drafting this year?

Marcus McNeil of Auburn has to be pretty high on Saban's list. Jay Cutler and Brodie Croyle are certainly possibilities at qb. I think he'll look toward Wroten if he's there in the 4th and the LT on LSU whose name escapes me at the moment.

Just thought of a couple of others from Alabama -- Demeco Ryans at linebacker and Harper in the secondary.

Jay Cutler
Brodie Croyle
Chad Jackson
Mike Degory
Wroten
Whitworth
Skyler Green
DeMeco Ryans
Jerrious Norwood
Dj Shockley
Greg Blue

SpeedRush99 said:
Jay Cutler
Brodie Croyle
Chad Jackson
Mike Degory
Wroten
Whitworth
Skyler Green
DeMeco Ryans
Jerrious Norwood
Dj Shockley
Greg Blue

Good list. I wonder about Greg Blue, though. I see him more as a Louis Oliver type -- a good hitter, but not great in coverage. I guess you could use one of those guys if the rest of your secondary can cover.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Good list. I wonder about Greg Blue, though. I see him more as a Louis Oliver type -- a good hitter, but not great in coverage. I guess you could use one of those guys if the rest of your secondary can cover.

Yeah, he'd be a soild SS.

id like for Saban to go after Cameron Vaughn late in the draft...he sure can fly

Cameron Vaughn is a very smart player too. I see the list this way...

Cameron Vaughn
Claude Wroten
Kyle Williams
Dee Webb
Ko Simpson
Greg Blue
Brodie Croyle
Mark Anderson
Roman Harper
Stanley McClover
Max Jean-Gilles
Chad Greenway (Iowa is the same as the SEC to him...Kirk Ferentz)
Jason Allen
Kevin Simon

There are more that I am ignoring that could be 7th round candidates...kind of like Reynaldo Hill last year (who Saban liked but didn't get).

The best SEC player who fits the NFL profile. What's makes a standout college player doesn't always translate to the NFL level, see Danny Wurfel.

I'ld like to see Max Jean-Gilles on the OL.

ckparrothead said:
Cameron Vaughn is a very smart player too. I see the list this way...

Cameron Vaughn
Claude Wroten
Kyle Williams
Dee Webb
Ko Simpson
Greg Blue
Brodie Croyle
Mark Anderson
Roman Harper
Stanley McClover
Max Jean-Gilles
Chad Greenway (Iowa is the same as the SEC to him...Kirk Ferentz)
Jason Allen
Kevin Simon

There are more that I am ignoring that could be 7th round candidates...kind of like Reynaldo Hill last year (who Saban liked but didn't get).

As much as i love Dee Webb he doesn't strike me as a Saban kinda CB. He's very quick and has great ball skills but his size hurts alot.

others

A few others with Nick "connections" I have posted before..possibly late round or FA types.

Moe Thompson, de, Grambling..played at South Carolina and had some off field problems. Transferred to Grambling and was a good citizen. Nick knows him and he is versatile inside-outside DL that fits well in the system. Can slide inside on passing downs and play inside in a 3-4. A little too tall to play on the nose but has good size. 5-7th

Ingle Martin, qb, Furman-Nick recruit out of HS that was on many top 10 HS QB lists. Attended Florida and transferred when Leak arrived. Actually has NFL potential as a punter. Good athlete and good arm. It's what is upstairs thatholds him back. 7th to FA.

Albert Toenaia, ot Tennessee-Another Nick recruit he lost to Tennessee. Very powerful and huge. Cannot slide well enough and does not have the feet to play LT but as a RT has good potential. 4-6th.

Tony Ugoh-OT Arkansas. This guy was all everything in HS and Nick lost him late to Arkansas. Did not make a dent early in career but played better as a junior and pretty darn good as a senior. Might be a late bloomer and can play inside or at RT. 7 to FA.

Archie McDaniel, lb, Texas A&M-Saban lost him at the last second to A&M. He actually asked McDaniel to not take his visit. This guy is definetly under the radar. He is a speedy good sized guy that should be a ST demon and has the AA to be a cover type LB as he develops. A good Weakside LB prospect. 5-7th area.

Rick Clausen-Saban recruit that left for Tennessee. I personally do not think much of him...but...FA type.

Ronnie Prude, cb LSU-Cover corner that obviously fits a Saban D system...4-6 area.

Another QB to keep an eye on is Craig Nall. Nall played at LSU but transferred to NW St. He has a good arm and above average mobility. Another All everything guy in HS that has not really had the game experience to evaluate although he has been mentioned as a good prospect after NFLE and clipboard duties.

tmny99 said:
For all you draft gurus and draftniks, what players in the SEC do you think Saban will target? And what LSU players do you see Saban drafting this year?

Joneal7 said:
id like for Saban to go after Cameron Vaughn late in the draft...he sure can fly

I have been talking about him for a while now. He would be a steal in the 3rd/4th...

He seems to be flying under everyones radar... but not Saban's... :D

Joneal7 said:

God no.

I hate saying this, because I'm personal friends with him, but Cam is the most overrated player I've ever seen at LSU. You talk about non-aggressive.

He simply dissappears for whole games. Literally. I counted several times when he got pancaked in the Georgia game.

Back
Top Bottom